Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 02:02 AM

Default Re: The Legend of Zelda Thread (NES)

"Go north west south west in the forest of maze."
Old 08-28-2007, 04:35 AM

I prefer Link to the Past.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's possible. As a kid I remember I used to take the time to burn every bush and bomb every wall. The Lost Woods thing though, I never understood how I was supposed to figure that out on my own. Trial and error I guess? You have to like write down the paths you've tried or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you write down the paths that you've tried. It's the same as Zork in the maze of twisty passages, all alike.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:49 PM

Ganon Slayer
Old 08-29-2007, 09:13 AM

I tried for ~2 months or so (felt like at least) to beat this game with the wooden sword and green Link. Could not do it. I can get to Gannon without a problem, usually with at least a blue vial of medicine. If I'm lucky I can do it with a red vial. Gannon however does not care about this feat and proceeds to destroy me with hardly any damage to him. The only bit I can find that helps is if I hug the wall on the right side of the screen and keep dodging his fireball I can get a few hits. On the positive side I know know Level-9 like the back of my hand and can avoid all of the extraneous areas. Oh well.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I beat this game w/ the wooden sword & no ring. Zelda wears the same clothes as the color you have. I usually beat the 2nd lvl first, and get the white sword right away. I don't remember the order, but there were the quickest way to beat it wasn't in order.

[ QUOTE ]
I think a HUGE part of the greatness of Zelda is the fact that is was a great game, and not some psych 101 babble like feelings of nostalgia.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP. Sometimes games are just great. This was one of them.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you get the letter if you get the medicine if you choose that instead of heart container?

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't played in over a decade at least, so I'm relying on old memories, but no. The medicine vanishes into an empty slot.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, no ring and wood sword? that is hardcore. I was going to ask if anyone had tried it. You are correct, i tried it, but you can't gain the letter by just picking up medicine from these hidden spots. I thought you needed to beat the 1st and 2nd levels both to get the second sword and not just the 2nd. You need it for the 3rd so those slime guys don't break apart on you. You get the top sword after beating Level-6. It's easy since you are right next to the graveyard. I do like Level-2 because it has my favorite enemy, the snakes. So easy to kill and so profitable.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda01.php
This is probably the best website for all things Zelda, it did show me where that heart container I was missing was. I accidentally saw where the letter for the medicine on the Second Quest was but my searching in what I thought the general area failed to turn up something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the ability to get the swords were based on your max heart containers. You need 5 for the white sword, so usually you get it after you beat level 2, but if you find two of the heart containers in the overworld, you can get the white sword before you even enter the first labyrinth.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I usually do when I decide to replay for fun. I usually walk into the first level with the ring and the white sword.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried for ~2 months or so (felt like at least) to beat this game with the wooden sword and green Link. Could not do it. I can get to Gannon without a problem, usually with at least a blue vial of medicine. If I'm lucky I can do it with a red vial. Gannon however does not care about this feat and proceeds to destroy me with hardly any damage to him. The only bit I can find that helps is if I hug the wall on the right side of the screen and keep dodging his fireball I can get a few hits. On the positive side I know know Level-9 like the back of my hand and can avoid all of the extraneous areas. Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously? beating Ganon is like ridiculously easy, are you sure you're doing it right?
Old 08-30-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously? beating Ganon is like ridiculously easy, are you sure you're doing it right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently not [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. What gets me the most is when he is invisible he pops up right where I am and it takes out about 4 hearts at a time. Shields are worthless. The most I've gotten in is probably 4 hits. Since it takes the Magic Sword 3~4 hits to kill him I calculate it would take 9-12 hits on him with that wooden sword. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently not [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. What gets me the most is when he is invisible he pops up right where I am and it takes out about 4 hearts at a time. Shields are worthless. The most I've gotten in is probably 4 hits. Since it takes the Magic Sword 3~4 hits to kill him I calculate it would take 9-12 hits on him with that wooden sword. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops, ok part of it was I wasn't thinking about the fact that you are using the wooden sword, so mistake on my part. Yeah it takes 15 hits from the wooden sword before he'll turn red and you can just nail him with the silver arrows. I guess the best advice I can give you is that while he's invisible you can generally get a pretty good idea of where he is from where the fireballs are coming from. So as long as you can maneuver Link around well enough to avoid most fireballs you should be able to nail Ganon pretty well.

My original comment was based on that when playing with the magic sword I rarely even lose a heart trying to defeat Ganon.