Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: The Well: the_main

thnks main for doin up a well, enjoyed reading the story of how u ended up getting into poker!

1. From what i have played at 200nl people are more aggro when it comes to SB vs BB, what do you suggest for blind vs blind play? I noticed that alot of players would be raising pretty much ATCards. How would you adjust to this? Are you folding more often than not?
Old 11-24-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care what anyone says, i think you're a great player main, and i've always appreciated the professional manner in which you've conducted yourself.

GL with more success in '08 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

DJSky and the_main are like 80% of the reason i read this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

We care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry little guy,

Just extending my kind regard for the OP in his well, I think he's been a tremendous help to my development as a player and I wanted to make mention of it publicly.

Guess it was out of line, my bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it was out of line. I concur with your sentiment about Main and I suspect D does too. This forum has its fair share of really terrific members, yet Main stands out as one the seemingly nicest and most genuine guys around.

Soon we'll be making him blush! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the tone was just along the lines of the prevalent attitude among 'big timers' that everyone here but a few 200 or 400nl+ regulars are rabble and just take up space.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:50 PM

pics of said sister who dated said manny ramirez
Old 11-24-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-24-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-24-2007, 11:59 PM

I'm spending the afternoon with my girlfriend, we're just about to head out for lunch now. I'll get to all these questions/comments this evening.

Pics too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm spending the afternoon with my girlfriend, we're just about to head out for lunch now. I'll get to all these questions/comments this evening. pics too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

woohoo! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting poker story [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I wonder what would have happened if you hadn't won that big tourny ?!

What do you miss most from home in Canada ? What don't you miss ?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I don't know. I probably would've got a lame job, and eventully finsihed school. Good chance I would've given up on poker.

What I miss most about canada is my mom. My freinds are a close second.

What I don't miss is being accountable. In asia I can do anything I want, and egt away with it because Im a foriegner who doesn't know better.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do you still coach? whens your next available opening? Are you going for SNE next year? and second the pics of you, your setup, and your GF. good well so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

I coached 5 people, and was a little dissapointed with myself. I offered 10hr blocks, and could barely fill up 4hrs. I know I helped these people to an extent, but right now I'm focusing on helping myself. I have a waiting list ~6 people deep right now, but I don't feel comfortable charging at the moment.

I'm working with a friend pro bono now who knows nothing about poker... I'm trying to teach him everything I know. It's been rewarding. I hope by helping him I can make myself a better teacher.

SNE is probably in my future. I'll see how 18tabling treats me.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping more people would pick your brain about poker related questions [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-What are some of the tougher more routine spots you encounter at NL200? Ex: Being donkbet into, on dry boards when your the PF agressor? Being c/min raised? (Not saying those are difficult for you, just trying to make my question more clear)

-Thoughts on steal situations in general? (not asking you to divulge much about your LP play/steal frequency. Just some winning regulars have a much more conservative approach)

-How have the NL200 games changed in the past 6months+? Any adjustments that have been difficult to make?

-What do you think separates the better 200nl regulars from the marginal FPP pros at this limit?

-Most influential person in your poker career? Assuming you have one, many don't.

edit: Could you briefly talk about your routine for reviewing your play? Lots of different players have different appraoches when reviewing thier play and working on thier games away the tables, briefly talk about yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate dealing with TPTK versus passive players who make a riase. It's the fact that they're acting strong, but that they don't really understand what is strong. This is usually a profitable situation, but tough to know if you're up against two pair.

Another thing that I'm working on is when to fire a 2nd barrel. If I rasie with AK and whiff the flop and have my cont bet called, and a turn checked to me and I check through. I always want to call with A high on the river for some reason after showing weakness trying to pick off bluffs.

Steals really depend on who is in the blinds. Passive player, I will raise any two cards. I'm more selective with aggro players. As far as defending -- I'm very awre of who steals alot, and 3-bet all of the hand that play well HU.

Games at 200NL have gotten much tougher in the last 6months. I see alot of regs makign advanced plays that I've only recently grasped. Prehaps its just that I've learned a lot and can now see these thigns... maybe they were always there.

The better regs have better selfcontrol (no tilt/spewing). This is where I think I excel. I'm super consistant and rarely tilt.

No one has really been very influenetial... maybe 'the grinder' from rounders [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As far as reviewing my play,. I mentioned it earlier. I review all of the big pots, and make notes where nessecary. Then I pick a 'reg-of-the-day' and go thru all of his hands that went to showdown.