Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you want to look at how lucky/unlucky you were in a session ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to see those statistics because I am human and not able to simply play without emotion. These statistics would help me to cope with frustration caused by bad beats and bad boards. Also they would keep me on the ground when I run hotter than the sun and start to think that I am totally crushing (even though I am not better than my opponents).

[ QUOTE ]
...you should be more interested in if you made the right decision,...

[/ QUOTE ]

Statistics about logic are for the mind. Statistics about luck are for the heart. In my opinion it is important that both, heart and mind, are in the right state in order to maximize your success in anything you do.

[ QUOTE ]
...luck shouldn't factor into at all. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Image is an important factor for a poker player. The amount and type of luck affect the image that you are able to establish a lot in my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]
...no one cares how bad someone is running below expectation...

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very hard for me to believe this when I look at BBV's traffic compared to the other forums on 2+2.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:54 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All I want from pokertracker is the ability to run more complex querries [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing wrg to this: Are we going to have to learn how to code sql-queries or are you guys crazy enough to attempt to give us some sort of easy-to-use metalanguage for constructing complex queries? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

We are crazy alright! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] You will not need to know SQL to create your own custom queries/stats; although there will obviously be some limitations.

Best regards,

APerfect10

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, good, that's what I expected.

Carry on. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 09:54 PM

Did you see in my screenshots post where I copied the source of the Player Statistics report:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
&lt;report id="Holdem-Cash-General-Player-Statistics-Main" name="Player Statistics"&gt;
&lt;display game="Holdem" group="Player" hassummary="true"&gt;
&lt;column value="Limit"/&gt;
&lt;column value="Hands"/&gt;
&lt;column value="VP$IP"/&gt;
&lt;column value="VP$IP SB"/&gt;
&lt;column value="Won $ WSF"/&gt;
&lt;column value="WTSD"/&gt;
&lt;column value="W$SD"/&gt;
&lt;column value="PFR"/&gt;
&lt;column value="3Bet Preflop"/&gt;
&lt;column value="3Bet Flop"/&gt;
&lt;column value="3Bet Turn"/&gt;
&lt;column value="3Bet River"/&gt;
&lt;column value="3Bet Total"/&gt;
&lt;column value="Att To Steal"/&gt;
&lt;column value="Preflop AF"/&gt;
&lt;column value="Flop AF"/&gt;
&lt;column value="Turn AF"/&gt;
&lt;column value="River AF"/&gt;
&lt;column value="Total AF"/&gt;
&lt;column value="Preflop AFq"/&gt;
&lt;column value="Flop AFq"/&gt;
&lt;column value="Turn AFq"/&gt;
&lt;column value="River AFq"/&gt;
&lt;column value="Total AFq"/&gt;
&lt;column value="Fold SB to Steal"/&gt;
&lt;column value="Fold BB to Steal"/&gt;
&lt;/display&gt;
&lt;/report&gt;
</pre><hr />

You'll be able to add any existing stat to a report, and you'll be able to create your own custom stats to include in reports as well.

Flexibility and the ability to customize were high priority in designing PT3. You'll be able to add just about any stat you can think of, and you'll be able to filter for just about anything you can think of.

Oh, and I'd just like to take a minute and brag. After sitting down and optimizing, we've sped up our already fast imports significantly. I'm not going to quote numbers, but in a comparison on my computer, PT3's import was nearly twice as fast as the competition's. Faster in displaying data too. After PT3 is released, PokerTracker will not be known for it's slow imports, that's for sure! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2007, 12:14 AM

Hello, I have a question about Poker Tracker: I start the ring game stats window and on the tab Preferences I set it e. g. to only count hands since 11/01. In all other tabs, it seems that it really only counts these hands. However, in the Game Time tab, it always shows stats of players on the table based on ALL hands that I have in my database. This is often quite misguiding, since some people radically change their styles over the course of time. How can I make Poker Tracker show stats from only those hands that I want in the Game Time tab?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and I'd just like to take a minute and brag. After sitting down and optimizing, we've sped up our already fast imports significantly. I'm not going to quote numbers, but in a comparison on my computer, PT3's import was nearly twice as fast as the competition's. Faster in displaying data too. After PT3 is released, PokerTracker will not be known for it's slow imports, that's for sure!

[/ QUOTE ]
While it's nice to have fast imports, there are other performance issues, that are way more important.

IMHO, key will be CPU usage while you play and have the HUD running.

Right now, when I have 12 Party tables open and PT2, PAHUD and a couple of AHK scripts running, my duo core system gets to its limitations and multitabling sometimes really gets a pain.

I hope your new product also improves in this category, despite the increased amount of data to handle.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:19 AM

will it be possible to import pa hud layouts into the new application?
Old 11-04-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Right now, when I have 12 Party tables open and PT2, PAHUD and a couple of AHK scripts running, my duo core system gets to its limitations and multitabling sometimes really gets a pain.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, importing speed isn't what we are looking for. There is also the "running out of memory bug", when you imported more than circa 25000 hands at once. It's nice to see that this will take a tenth of the time now though.

But the real importance is how resource demanding is the application while playing. I mean we can pretty much say that a single core processor is barely enough to multi table with PokerTracker and PokerAce running. I had to use all tricks and advice from the forums, so that the poker application stayed responsive.

Also will it be possible to leave the "Ring Game Player Statistics" window open, while playing? When I want to look up something about a player, because the bb/100 stats PokerAce displays are wrong, I open that window and you can really feel the lag it produces when it calculates everything after a hand gets imported. It was impossible to have this window open with a single core processor while playing.

A few thoughts to the screenshots you posted: The session results graph in the screenshot is pretty much useless for me. First of all it's too tied in bundles and it isn't pretty or informative. I think you can use that space better than that. I hope it's possible to disable it and fire it up with a click when you want that graph. Same goes for the graph in the winnings tab. Not pretty enough, waste of space, I'd actually want the other two boxes bigger.

To be honest I really wanted to post what a big disappointment the screenshots are that you posted. But then decided to try out HoldemManager first before posting something and after deinstalling that after an hour, I think that PokerTracker 3 could be a great product.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Could we have some kind of "luck factor" tab in PT3?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-04-2007, 10:18 AM

ok not sure if this has been asked yet but lots of ppl want post flop stats for 3 bet pots since they are played differently than raised pots. is there any way we would be able to see how often someone folds/calls/raises to a c-bet in a 3bet pot? or how often someone cbets into a 3bet pot? I think having info like that would be invaluable to some.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and I'd just like to take a minute and brag. After sitting down and optimizing, we've sped up our already fast imports significantly. I'm not going to quote numbers, but in a comparison on my computer, PT3's import was nearly twice as fast as the competition's. Faster in displaying data too. After PT3 is released, PokerTracker will not be known for it's slow imports, that's for sure!

[/ QUOTE ]
While it's nice to have fast imports, there are other performance issues, that are way more important.

IMHO, key will be CPU usage while you play and have the HUD running.

I hope your new product also improves in this category, despite the increased amount of data to handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Import speeds aren't the end-all. We only spent a couple days optimizing it and we're pretty happy with the results we are getting now. Performance all around is being improved. Importing while you play will not cause noticeable CPU usage. As for HUD CPU usage, I have ideas that should reduce that CPU usage significantly as well.