Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

were we supposed to get an email response/confirmation after signing up for the alpha?

If not, no worries - if so, I'd like to know and I'll re-submit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

New logo/font very nice, BTW.

Must have been a context issue with the preceding "c", considering the font was the same as PokerAce HUD - I never misread the K in PokerAce - but I could never stop seeing "Tracher" until I consciously corrected myself ... lol @ the human brain [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:22 PM

what if you don't have HH files for anything in PT over a couple years old? can i somehow convert my whole database but also get the added information from the more recent HH files?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There will be a form for alpha testing signups. We'll announce the PT3 website soon.

The current plan is to integrate Hold'em, Omaha and Stud into one application. The details of this haven't been worked out, and the Omaha and Stud versions are further down the line.

The HUD will be integrated into PT3. It will be purchased separately, but run from the same application.

[/ QUOTE ]

So HUD is going to cost us extra money? If HUD is going to be integrated into PT3, why make people buy two seperate pieces of software? Also, I know you mentioned that people with PT2 will get discounts on PT3, but will people with PAHUD get discounts on this new version of HUD, or will the current version be integrated with PT3?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2007, 11:14 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
All I want from pokertracker is the ability to run more complex querries [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing wrg to this: Are we going to have to learn how to code sql-queries or are you guys crazy enough to attempt to give us some sort of easy-to-use metalanguage for constructing complex queries? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
were we supposed to get an email response/confirmation after signing up for the alpha?

[/ QUOTE ]

No confirmation email was sent after signing up. You will only receive an email if you are invited to participate in the alpha (when we are ready to begin) or when the beta/final releases occur (if you signed up for those emails).

Best regards,

APerfect10
Old 11-03-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what if you don't have HH files for anything in PT over a couple years old? can i somehow convert my whole database but also get the added information from the more recent HH files?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not a problem. You can convert your old database; however, some of the stats will not be available unless if you import the hand histories. I have been able to pull a decent amount of data from PokerTracker2 even if the stats are not available.

-AP10
Old 11-03-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So HUD is going to cost us extra money? If HUD is going to be integrated into PT3, why make people buy two seperate pieces of software? Also, I know you mentioned that people with PT2 will get discounts on PT3, but will people with PAHUD get discounts on this new version of HUD, or will the current version be integrated with PT3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please see the FAQ at preview.pokertracker3.com which answers this question. While the HUD will be integrated into PokerTracker for improved performance and reliability, it will be a separate purchase because not every user wants to use the HUD so why should they have to purchase it? Those users who want to purchase the HUD the price would be no different than if the two were combined into one price. We will offer a bundle so that you can purchase both in one payment.

Best regards,

APerfect10
Old 11-03-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All I want from pokertracker is the ability to run more complex querries [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing wrg to this: Are we going to have to learn how to code sql-queries or are you guys crazy enough to attempt to give us some sort of easy-to-use metalanguage for constructing complex queries? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

We are crazy alright! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] You will not need to know SQL to create your own custom queries/stats; although there will obviously be some limitations.

Best regards,

APerfect10
Old 11-03-2007, 12:40 PM

Could we have some kind of "luck factor" tab in PT3?

I would find it VERY pleasing if PT3 would be able to present some statistical information about the luck involved in poker. How often have I made/missed my flush (on 4th street, 5th street)? How often have I made my set? How often have I lost with high PP vs hands with low equity? How often was my flopped good hand butchered by bad turns and/or rivers? How often (this one is one of my favourites) was there a 4-flush on the board on turn or river? How often was I outdrawn? How often did I lose on the RIVER (after being ahead until then)?

Poker is a pretty emotional game for many people and so I think that many people would like the idea to see how much of their success/failure in the last session was due to bad/good luck.

EDIT: BTW, if one could also graph this statistics there might be the potential for a whole new dimension to BBV [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 04:00 PM

Why would you want to look at how lucky/unlucky you were in a session, you should be more interested in if you made the right decision, luck shouldn't factor into at all. Those ev graphs that people post are pointless, no one cares how bad someone is running below expectation, the only thing it is useful for is complaining.