Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Degen/Rakeaid.com/Rakereport.net Banned

[ QUOTE ]
so does this mean that newbies shouldn't sign up with RakeAid and that RakeAid will be soon added to the rogue list? Or is this just a simple banning on 2p2 and in no way does this question RakeAid's integrity or business?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I stated in a previous message there is no reason to believe Rakeaid does not pay. This only has to do with behavior at 2+2 which violated the rules.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so does this mean that newbies shouldn't sign up with RakeAid and that RakeAid will be soon added to the rogue list? Or is this just a simple banning on 2p2 and in no way does this question RakeAid's integrity or business?

[/ QUOTE ]

You just had testimonials (100% unsolicited) from two high volume players saying that the service is fine. In all of the heat RakeAid and Degen have taken, nobody has said anything different.

Degen made some poor decisions about how to interact with an internet community. RakeAid is managed in a very professional and organized way and this will continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the testimonials show that it is an organized site, but I wouldnt call it professional. Every forum I have ever joined makes it specifically clear that spamming people thru PMs is unacceptable and wont be tolerated. He obviously was doing this trying to get an upper hand over other affiliates. So he may be well organized and trusted, but he isnt very professional.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:17 PM

As has been stated numerous times, that was something Degen personally did long before RakeAid ever existed. That has not ever been a part of RakeAid's advertising strategy nor something Degen has done in more than a year.

The affiliate business is a tough one to break into. He did that as a very small affiliate trying to get his start (like many small affiliates do right now on this forum, I get PM spam all the time and don't report it).

Now he is one of the biggest.

This post and my others in this thread about RakeAid aren't nearly as much about getting new business as trying to reassure the current customers they have nothing to worry about. I know this type of thing would make me a bit nervous if a company were paying me thousands of dollars every month.

RakeAid is here to stay.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As has been stated numerous times, that was something Degen personally did long before RakeAid ever existed. That has not ever been a part of RakeAid's advertising strategy nor something Degen has done in more than a year.

The affiliate business is a tough one to break into. He did that as a very small affiliate trying to get his start (like many small affiliates do right now on this forum, I get PM spam all the time and don't report it).

This post and my others in this thread about RakeAid aren't nearly as much about getting new business as trying to reassure the current customers they have nothing to worry about. I know this type of thing would make me a bit nervous if a company were paying me thousands of dollars every month.

RakeAid is here to stay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you're so knowledgeable in regards to Degen and RakeAid, maybe you can explain why Degen/RakeAid should be trusted after he ran a fraudulent rakeback directory and scammed other affiliates out of thousands of dollars? If he had no issues with scamming other affiliates why would it be any different when it comes to players?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RakeAid is here to stay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you're so knowledgeable in regards to Degen and RakeAid, maybe you can explain why Degen/RakeAid should be trusted after he ran a fraudulent rakeback directory and scammed other affiliates out of thousands of dollars? If he had no issues with scamming other affiliates why would it be any different when it comes to players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who was scammed? The traffic numbers were correct and the affiliates other than RakeAid who are on the directory now have been there a long time. Clearly they must be getting signups.

I've said that calling it an unbiased directory wasn't an above board move but it is exactly what has been done with RRR and RakeBrain. Maybe thats where the idea came from in the first place? Talk to PokerAddict about that one.

Degen has been giving people rakeback for a long time. He will continue to do so. If he was in the business of scamming people, I think that might have come out by now with the hundreds and hundreds of posts bashing him.

I know he has paid out over $20,000 to players today alone.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:39 PM

You are [censored] thick.

Nobody is questioning if he is a good affiliate. (He is)

People are questioning his morals and banning for violating 2+2 rules. (Which it is very obvious he is guilty of)

This has nothing to do with being an affiliate.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are [censored] thick.

Nobody is questioning if he is a good affiliate. (He is)

People are questioning his morals and banning for violating 2+2 rules. (Which it is very obvious he is guilty of)

This has nothing to do with being an affiliate.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, it's preferable that an affilate have solid morals and display good judgment and since degen didn't do that on 2+2, it's having an effect on his credibility, so i can understand the problems that he might have with his repuation as an affilate...

that being said, i haven't read (at least to my knowledge) that anyone has had a problem with rakeaid with regards to actual payments, so i wouldn't be too harsh on him as an affilate...
Old 03-07-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who was scammed? The traffic numbers were correct and the affiliates other than RakeAid who are on the directory now have been there a long time. Clearly they must be getting signups.

I've said that calling it an unbiased directory wasn't an above board move but it is exactly what has been done with RRR and RakeBrain. Maybe thats where the idea came from in the first place? Talk to PokerAddict about that one.

Degen has been giving people rakeback for a long time. He will continue to do so. If he was in the business of scamming people, I think that might have come out by now with the hundreds and hundreds of posts bashing him.

I know he has paid out over $20,000 to players today alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking you're getting a little carried away with that one. AFAIK, RRR was a great directory until AFTER PA sold it. But yes, the new owners probably did beat Degen to that shady idea...faint praise indeed.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:27 AM

So is he permabanned or just banned for x days or only from this rakeback forum?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So is he permabanned or just banned for x days or only from this rakeback forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Permabanned from all of 2+2.