Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 07:20 AM

Default A/10s On scary board.

No real reads yet.

PartyPoker - $1/$2 Texas - 10 players (Converter: PGC)

BB is 0/0/- (1)
CO is 100/100/- (1)

Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="blue">LP1 folds</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="green">BB Calls</font>

(3 players) FLOP: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 3.25 BB )
<font color="green">BB checks</font>, <font color="green">Hero checks</font>, <font color="red">CO BETS</font>
<font color="blue">BB folds</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>

(2 players) TURN: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 4.25 BB )
<font color="green">Hero checks</font>, <font color="red">CO BETS</font>
<font color="blue">Hero folds</font>

Final Pot:5.25 BB

I thought a c-bet on the flop in this spot was a spew since there was a 99.9% chance of me getting called in 1 or 2 spots with the worst of it.

Was it ok to c/c the flop or should I have just folded.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:57 AM

Default Re: A/10s On scary board.

If you don't have reads on folks just say so, posting stats for 1 hand is just goofy. Do you only c-bet when you catch part of the flop?
Old 08-23-2006, 07:59 AM

Difficult one. Hard to let a broadway gutshot drop, particularly as if the Q comes you would bust any player holding a T out there.

You also have the overcard which could work for you if anothe A materialises and Q's turn out to be thin on the ground.

I do think the C/C on the flop didn't help you a great deal.
If you knew you would call the CO if he bet, then I would have played a continuation straight off, just to see what the CO did.

If he raised it would be a reluctant fold. If he cold called then you get the Turn to make your decision on.

Either way you get much more of a read of his hand for the same price as what you did pay.

Instead you enter the Turn not really knowing what he has got, plus it's now twice as expensive to test him with a raise.

Ultimately you have folded without really knowing if you were behind or not, or how many outs you potentially had on the river (could have been as many as 10)
Old 08-23-2006, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought a c-bet on the flop in this spot was a spew since there was a 99.9% chance of me getting called in 1 or 2 spots with the worst of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this was true a bet would obviously be spew. I don't think this is true though. I would c-bet this flop agaisnt 2 opps.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:05 AM

That converter shows the pot size in terms of BB on the flop, which makes no sense.

Anyway, you can't fold the flop because you have the outs to call. I would have bet it in case the CO had a small pair he was calling with.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:07 AM

I would c-bet the flop and go from there.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:11 AM

I c-bet this flop having a gutshot to the nuts and an overcard even though the overcard may not be that good.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:17 AM

I think you can c-bet this flop. I don't think it is a spew because there is some chance that you can pick up this pot. If not, you do have your gutshot. On the turn I check/fold.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:25 AM

It is relatively likely that you are behind on this board. Granting that you are behind, you have about 5.5 outs (1.5 for the tainted ace overcards, and 4 for the queens). In a pot that'll be either 7.5 or 8.5 SB when it gets back to you, however, a call is not horrendous on the flop. As such, if you're planning to call a single bet on the flop, and since you already have the "lead"--i.e. were the preflop aggressor in the hand--a continuation bet is a good play in this spot. If the CO then raised, you should peel and fold the turn UI.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, you can't fold the flop because you have the outs to call. I would have bet it in case the CO had a small pair he was calling with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or a small pair he may fold.