Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Kid Nation better be awesome.

[ QUOTE ]
I think they need to give greg a gold star. Or Greg should get his crew together and mutiny in this town.

He has most of the bigger kids in his crew, he has more power than almost anyone else in the town. And he has been working his ass off.

Giving the star to Mallory, while cute, was just a total SLAP in the face to Greg. Rick James style.

C-Dog

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been waiting for greg to take over since the start. I thought that after not getting the gold star this episode, after picking up all of the outhouses, he should have just gone and pushed over every outhouse and been like [censored] you, pick them up yourselves.

This show seems abvout 90% staged and scripted, including a lot of the kids lines. That competition was awful too, last weeks (with the pipes) was amazing.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:40 PM

these kids are hopelessly sad. C'mon, biblical books vs. mini-golf? There's got to be a $ agenda from the producers to their parents.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i can't help but wonder...what are taylor's parents thinking watching this show?

of course the fact that she is a 'beauty pageant queen' helps me leap to a couple of pre-judgements of them.

but i can just picture her mom sitting on the couch giggling and feeling so proud when taylor yells you 'deal with it!'

i wish we could know if her parents are getting a wake up call here.....like.....Wow...we really screwed up...she's a little bitch

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was Taylor's parent I would feel like a total failure.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these kids are hopelessly sad. C'mon, biblical books vs. mini-golf? There's got to be a $ agenda from the producers to their parents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those kids will probably look at those books once, get bored, and never touch them again. It seems like there are about 10 kids that care a great deal about spiritual stuff, which is probably way too high if you sampled 38 random kids. Heck, I went to mostly private schools growing up, and I don't think many of those kids cared this much about religion. Prob just the producers fixing the show to promote some agenda.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Kid Nation better be awesome...religion responsible for war?

What's up with blaming religion for the world's conflicts? Surely disputes over money, resources, and power in general occur more frequently. Also, if people actually followed the manual for their religions...well, the Bible at least, says to treat others the way you want to be treated...to love your neighbor as yourself...and also to love your enemies. Oh the horror! Me thinks the problem is not so much the religion, but the donkey people "carrying it out".
Old 10-17-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's up with blaming religion for the world's conflicts? Surely disputes over money, resources, and power in general occur more frequently. Also, if people actually followed the manual for their religions...well, the Bible at least, says to treat others the way you want to be treated...to love your neighbor as yourself...and also to love your enemies. Oh the horror! Me thinks the problem is not so much the religion, but the donkey people "carrying it out".

[/ QUOTE ]

Religion teaches people to be sheep. This allows people in charge a flock to do their deeds, either good or evil. When you have a bunch of sheep following someone who wants war, war you get.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job on the picking and choosing peaceful verses. There is plenty in the Bible that is less nice that that sort of thing.

As for Kid Nation, I don't understand why they would not pick the golf course. It's not the same as the Pizza. The golf course stays and can be fun all along.

Also what is up with them asking about the council, people making it clear they want Taylor out, and then just skipping that topic. Follow it through to the end.

C-Dog
Old 10-17-2007, 03:13 PM

I chose those verses becaues that's the crux of the New Convenant. When Jesus was asked to sum it all up, He said, "Love God with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself." He not only said those things, He lived them. I suspect His sheep, those that truly followed his example, would tend to be peacemakers.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:29 PM

as OP, i hope this thread stays on task so we can talk about how awful a person taylor and her parents are rather than religion...
Old 10-17-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Kid Nation better be awesome...is it dangerous?

Sorry for lowering the level of discourse in this thread, but: [ QUOTE ]
or maybe its because this girl i think is hot is a vegetarian and im standing up for her...

[/ QUOTE ]Are you talking about the beauty queen, the Boston chick, or the girl who danced for a bicycle?

PS The little asian kid who took the religion poll is the smartest person in that town--production staff included.