Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Someone needs to organize another STTF thingy majig

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently I'm like the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoons in this thread. I've offered to play the Irieguy role. I've got a great venue, idea, and neighborhood. Have you guys not read my Thailand threads? I know how to throw a party.

Last shot then I give up.

Wanh wanh wah wanh wonh wanh wonh wanh...

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt,

I'm from the east coast. I don't have the first clue wtf you are proposing. Could you esplain?
Old 09-26-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I get guarantees that enough of the cool kids will come, I'll plan/organize/rally up a big suite or bungalo at Chateau Marmont and have an LA blowout. All the fun of Sunset blvd, and Body Shop, one of the better strip clubs in LA, is walking distance across the street. STTF Christmas party/$1k buyin MTT with 10 minute blinds anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will come to this if it happens the weekend of December 7th. That is my only weekend off in December. I would love to try one of these shindigs from the participant side.

For my contribution I will organize the Vegas-to-LA stripper-laden limo bus interstate road trip that will transport all of the serious ballas who will be playing in the Bellagio 5 Diamond event in December.

Start the hyping, Suzzer, it's party time.

Irieguy
Old 09-26-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If I get guarantees that enough of the cool kids will come, I'll plan/organize/rally up a big suite or bungalo at Chateau Marmont and have an LA blowout. All the fun of Sunset blvd, and Body Shop, one of the better strip clubs in LA, is walking distance across the street. STTF Christmas party/$1k buyin MTT with 10 minute blinds anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will come to this if it happens the weekend of December 7th. That is my only weekend off in December. I would love to try one of these shindigs from the participant side.

For my contribution I will organize the Vegas-to-LA stripper-laden limo bus interstate road trip that will transport all of the serious ballas who will be playing in the Bellagio 5 Diamond event in December.

Start the hyping, Suzzer, it's party time.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Also I can get the bartender and strippers obviously.

Irieguy
Old 09-26-2007, 05:01 PM

Dec. 7th. A day that will live in infamy. I'll make kamikazes.

Oh wait. Except Sat. Dec. 8th seems like the obvious day. Will give me some time to prepare, price nitrous tanks, etc. Standard protocol.

Gtr, I am proposing an STTF party with also a $1k buyin MTT going on with ridiculously fast blinds so no one will miss out on strippers or nightlife. The buyin, blinds and rebuys(!) can be hammered out. But the idea is that it's enough money to hurt, and mostly a crapshoot. I don't see MTT participation as mandatory for attendance. But I dunno. Might have to consult with Irie on how that should work. Oh yeah - it'll probably be a HORSE MTT. Or at least some kind of mix.

I just checked with Chateau Marmont - plenty of availability. 2 cottages (which is what I've been to a few parties in, but thought it was the bungalows) would be about $1k (total) and one bungalow (supposedly 4x the size of the cottages) would be $1700. Or the super-deluxe bungalow with private carport is $2700.

I'm thinking bungalow. My gut tells me 30 ppl max is about all we'd want to manage. Hmmm. Maybe 40. Need to do some calculating. Probably want to leave some room for random women gathered throughout the night. $100 per/person would cover the rent and a crapload of food and booze (add some more for the deluxe bungalow).

I will consult Irieguy for the usual rules and best practices for these things. Generally I better know you or get a real solid voucher. Also maybe we hold a few spots open for dealers, bartenders, and a pic taker.

For those of you not familiar with Chateau Marmont, it's about the coolest hotel in LA for my money.

(hillside bungalow)

This is where just about every band has blown their brains out at one point or another. Hotel California is based on the Marmont. Also where John Belushi bit it. They're pretty cool about parties as long as you don't go totally apeshit. Also the Bar Marmont is a pretty cool hangout, and you get right in on a Sat. night if you are a guest of the hotel (or slip them a little).

The rest of Sunset Strip is right there, including the Body Shop across the street. The last Marmont party I went to I got a little too rolling and had to walk over to the Body Shop. Within about 3 minutes I had some near perfect 10's naked bootie about 6 inches from my face in a not-so-flattering position. Right as I walked in the door I saw her standing there and heard her saying to her trainee (I'm guessing) "and now, we wait". I immediately grabbed her and took her to the VIP room. I think I got some extra credit for that.

People coming into town might want to look into getting a room at the Marmont for the weekend, or maybe at The Standard down the street. Anyone bitching about LA hotel rates or the cover charge is automatically disqualified. This is not an OOT gathering! You don't have to be a baller, but you better be able to act like one for one night. If I have a surplus by the time the party actually gets rolling, I'm sure I'll find something to blow it on. After that, as long as the room/hotel/minbar damage is under $1k, I'm copacetic. The last one of these I went to, some furniture wound up in the pool. I'd rather avoid that.

If I get some interest and a 100% go-ahead from Irie, I'll start an official interest thread, etc. But feel free to post preliminary interest, or ideas or thoughts here.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:42 PM

There was at a lot of play at both the HUC and USP and I still managed to be blackout drunk and 1500 lighter at the strip club by the end of the night.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:51 PM

Yeah like I said I'm open for hammering the MTT details out by committee of elders or whatever. I'm thinking now a standard $500+R (unlimited rebuys first hour + 1 addon) might be the perfect format for ballas to go crazy and nits (like me) to still play.

But keep in mind LA shuts down at 2am. Except for my speakeasy. But I doubt I'll be making any forays out that way.

Maybe we end up pausing the MTT and restarting at 2:30 or something.

Body Shop might be open til 4am. I can't remember for sure.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:57 PM

mixed game MTT, YAY

just a thought, give it a lot of play but also have a drinks/round minimum
Old 09-26-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah like I said I'm open for hammering the MTT details out by committee of elders or whatever. I'm thinking now a standard $500+R (unlimited rebuys first hour + 1 addon) might be the perfect format for ballas to go crazy and nits (like me) to still play.

But keep in mind LA shuts down at 2am. Except for my speakeasy. But I doubt I'll be making any forays out that way.

Maybe we end up pausing the MTT and restarting at 2:30 or something.

Body Shop might be open til 4am. I can't remember for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me in. Tell me how much and it is shipped.

I'll help you with a blind structure/tourney format. Basically, we'll want to start at noon (assuming you can get an early check in) and structure it to be finished by 9pm. No problem. That leaves time for dinner and Body Shop... hopefully they serve food at the Body Shop that would be teh ship. Then back to the hotel for more boozes and scrippas.

If anybody will be in Vegas for the 5 Diamond and will want a seat on the road trip to LA, let me know early. I already have 8 seats accounted for.

Irieguy
Old 09-26-2007, 06:12 PM

If I can get about 20 confirmed MTT participants I'll go ahead and make it official. Then I'll book the room and start taking covers. Covers will need to be paid in advance (no refunds but you can swap with someone else if approved). MTT buyin will be paid when it starts.

Start thinking about if you want to pony up another $50/per for the deluxe bungalow. Based on Irie's hard-learned budgeting advice, I'm thinking it will be something like $150/per for the regular bungalow, or $200/per for the deluxe. I vote deluxe.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I can get about 20 confirmed MTT participants I'll go ahead and make it official. Then I'll book the room and start taking covers. Covers will need to be paid in advance (no refunds but you can swap with someone else if approved). MTT buyin will be paid when it starts.

Start thinking about if you want to pony up another $50/per for the deluxe bungalow. Based on Irie's hard-learned budgeting advice, I'm thinking it will be something like $150/per for the regular bungalow, or $200/per for the deluxe. I vote deluxe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ship teh Deluxe or I'm out. I'm sure I can speak for Usher, Apathy, Durr, Raptor, Good2CU, and Inyaface too.

Irieguy