Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Consecutive days of boozing?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Finally, thankfully, and by the Grace of God, I was saved by heroin addiction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Story?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, yes. There is a story.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish you would share it, I'm tired of asking for it.

If "boozing" means "having at least one drink every night", then I've had some pretty impressive runs. I'd say my longest run may have been a couple-three years. But recently I've been experimenting here and there with drying up and I feel SO MUCH BETTER the next morning, even way better than mornings where I'd only had a drink or two the night before. It's remarkable.

I'm on the cusp of attempting to dry up until Thanksgiving to help lose some weight, that will be the longest drought I'll have had since I turned 21 a really long time ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I "tell the story," will be admitting to some very unseemly activities and character traits. I'm sure you can understand not wanting to go all through the particulars. yes, I understand it's goofy to throw out the little teasers and then not elaborate, but there it is anyway.

As for the drinking (ages 20-25 or so), it was legitimate, hard, alcoholic, blackout, hit by car, drunktank, 86'ed everywhere, looking-forty-when-you're-twenty, start-in-the-morning-stop-when-you-pass-out, eventually-nobody-wants-anything-to-do-with-you drinking.

It was pretty rough, and I have many stories, and I congratulate myself for not dying, but, ultimately, it was just self-indulgent, stupid, and weak.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I "tell the story," will be admitting to some very unseemly activities and character traits. I'm sure you can understand not wanting to go all through the particulars. yes, I understand it's goofy to throw out the little teasers and then not elaborate, but there it is anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then you're obviously taking it to the grave, because this is as anonymous as it gets.

If this isn't anonymous for whichever variety of reasons, then you shouldn't have brought it up at all.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Then you're obviously taking it to the grave, because this is as anonymous as it gets.

If this isn't anonymous for whichever variety of reasons, then you shouldn't have brought it up at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would actually respect someone more for sharing a story like this, assuming he/she kicked the habit and is living a relatively healthy and stable life.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The opposite, in fact. I mean, all of my friends and family know all about my ugly, imbecilic past.

I just don't see any reason to dump it here, for some reason.

Maybe I will. Gimme a few to think about it.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would actually respect someone more for sharing a story like this, assuming he/she kicked the habit and is living a relatively healthy and stable life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm aware of the fact there is a contingency of folks who feel this way. I would be one of them, for what it's worth.

But it seems really tedious, and I really don't want to dredge it all up just now.

Right now, I'm strung out on larb gai and drunken noodles.

I'll wake up one morning and post one of those annoying "Ask Rushmore About Being a Scumbag Junkie" posts.

Promise.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:46 AM

Does anyone else find it funny that this thread is right above "organ donation" on the 1st page of OOT.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:07 AM

I met Shane MacGowan after a gig last year - incoherent would be a massive understatement. There is a man who could truly pwn this thread.

Far worse than this.... (Wow, is that the manager putting his head through a window?)
Old 10-03-2007, 01:24 AM

Rushmore,

If one of these conditions exist by sharing your story:

- it may lead back to you personally and affect your career
- it may cause a relapse
- it will unearth long-buried, negative memories

then you should definitely not do a thread like that. I don't want to see your job or health endangered for our amusement.

However, if those conditions don't exist then you might as well. Addiction is one of my favorite subjects, so a guy going from hard-core alkie to heroin addict to successful professional would no doubt be an interesting story to a lot of us, and perhaps give hope to some who don't think it's possible.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:28 AM

4 lol. Mine is 7 on a few occasions (lad's holidays and Freshers weeks)
Old 10-03-2007, 01:29 AM

Jay,

7 is pretty sick. You win this thread IMO.