Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Need a new set of irons

Yeah, you are right i did just say forged. Why would a 25 handicap need forged of any type? it wouldn't make a difference to them at all, except financially. When I sepcifcally mentions forged players irons it was in response to guids. It doesn't really matter, though.

I am a software developer. I know a bunch of cool things like &&, ||, >=, >>
Old 07-31-2007, 12:00 PM

I guess it's just a matter of feel. I don't know anyone who has played a forged club and then been able to go back to cast irons. Even 25 handicappers hit the sweetspot a few times a round [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

These days everyone seems to be a software developer. I think I'll just start telling people I play poker professionally. Sounds more exciting.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:26 PM

I have been one for 10 years, before it was cool. I have a degree and everything. I have never written a line of PHP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2007, 03:36 PM

I am getting a new set of irons. I am thinking about getting clones to save money. I am wondering if this would be worth it. I know a site that uses clone heads but uses brand name shafts and grips. Since I have little knowledge on the subject i was just looking for info. Thanks
Old 07-31-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am getting a new set of irons. I am thinking about getting clones to save money. I am wondering if this would be worth it. I know a site that uses clone heads but uses brand name shafts and grips. Since I have little knowledge on the subject i was just looking for info. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously man, IMO clones are the worst possible idea you can go with for buying clubs. Either buy cheap clubs made by Dunlop or whoever or buy quality. Why spend more for an inferior product? So when a passer-by glances superficially at your irons he'll assume you're playing (insert commonly cloned club here)????

If you want to spend no more than say $300 for irons, go to some local pro shops or check out ebay for a great set of used irons. I promise you can get a FANTASTIC set of irons for around that price.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:21 PM

I got my Cleveland TA1's for about 450US on ebay...near mint condition too. Ebay is a GREAT way to get irons (obv, PLZ try the same model out at the range first!)
Old 07-31-2007, 05:43 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously man, IMO clones are the worst possible idea you can go with for buying clubs. Either buy cheap clubs made by Dunlop or whoever or buy quality. Why spend more for an inferior product? So when a passer-by glances superficially at your irons he'll assume you're playing (insert commonly cloned club here)????

If you want to spend no more than say $300 for irons, go to some local pro shops or check out ebay for a great set of used irons. I promise you can get a FANTASTIC set of irons for around that price.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for clearing it up
Old 07-31-2007, 06:00 PM

NP. Absolutely no shame in buying used clubs. I honestly can't bring myself to buy new irons anymore since once they've been hit for 2 rounds they drop like 30% in price.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:31 PM

There are great deals on ebay for used Irons
Old 07-31-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NP. Absolutely no shame in buying used clubs. I honestly can't bring myself to buy new irons anymore since once they've been hit for 2 rounds they drop like 30% in price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree. They lose nearly 50% value from ONE ROUND...