Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I really have no stake in who won the game, but it's clear the reffing has sucked all around. That first penalty called on the 5-on-3 in the first period was super weak, then they let something go like the boarding by alfredson. I mean, are you serious? His went face first onto the ledge. I can understand them missing a ticky-tack penalty, but that was a pretty obvious call.

They need to be more consistent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparantly they didn't see it...whatever, it's not like our PP would've scored anyway. I'm more upset about their PK unit "stick clotheslining" Briere and cross-checking Connolly into the boards (both worse than the Zubras penalty) and the subsequent 8-to-0 discrepancy in 2man advantages vs. them in the playoffs the last two years....jopke
Old 05-13-2007, 01:08 AM

Buffalo acted like the game was over when they tied it up, if they woulda half ass showed up for the OT they coulda put it away, they need to wake up and realize what they're playing for, this isnt the team I seen all year long, they can still do it but it's gonna be tough to overcome a 2-0 lead goin into Ottawa. And that no goal was bs too though, they shoulda won it , but they hafta show up for the whole games
Old 05-13-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really have no stake in who won the game, but it's clear the reffing has sucked all around. That first penalty called on the 5-on-3 in the first period was super weak, then they let something go like the boarding by alfredson. I mean, are you serious? His went face first onto the ledge. I can understand them missing a ticky-tack penalty, but that was a pretty obvious call.

[/ QUOTE ]

you conviently didn't mention the sabres hit from behind along the boards to free up the puck and score the game tying goal

the tough calls/no calls went both ways
Old 05-13-2007, 02:50 AM

it is clear that the sabres lack the fire that the senators have got. really, only emery can screw this up for them in this series.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:16 AM

I am very surprised the Sens are taking to the Sabres... however the series is far from over.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you conviently didn't mention the sabres hit from behind along the boards to free up the puck and score the game tying goal

the tough calls/no calls went both ways

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't see that part of the game (missed the game winner too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ). I'm just commenting on how bad missing major calls looks when you call some really weak penalties. It's frustrating to watch.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it is clear that the sabres lack the fire that the senators have got. really, only emery can screw this up for them in this series.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really quite bizarre to me. Lindy seems to be taking the easy way out and not challenging his team. I guess we'll know soon enough. I'm really disappointed in his special teams coaching, losing Scott Arniel has turned out to be really, really huge. They are just terrible, and have been all year, with almost the same personnel.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really quite bizarre to me. Lindy seems to be taking the easy way out and not challenging his team. I guess we'll know soon enough. I'm really disappointed in his special teams coaching, losing Scott Arniel has turned out to be really, really huge. They are just terrible, and have been all year, with almost the same personnel.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know what it is. the 2001 devils had the same problem but they at least had a championship the previous year to fall back on. they couldn't close out the 'canes and almost lost to the maple leafs, and in the finals it fell apart to a forsberg-less avs team.

the sabres really seem to be experiencing this - they should've blown out the islanders, and they should've beaten the rangers by much more than they did. now that they're playing a possible cup champion, now they have to win 4 out of 5 from a team that has really come together. maybe losing grier and mckee hurts more in the playoffs than it does in the regular season, i don't know. whatever the case, it just doesn't make much sense.

last year i argued for the senators as the ship sank. this year i'm switching horses - i picked the sabres to win it all before the playoffs, but the sabres just don't have what it takes, which is why i picked sens in 6. However, despite the gloom and doom about the off-season wreaking havoc with the team, there's hope - Ottawa lost Chara, Havlat, Pothier, and Hasek and replaced them with Tom Priessing, Joe Corvo, Mike Comrie, and moved Volchenkov up to a bigger role. By anyone's objective opinion, this would make the Senators a far worse team, but right now they are playing much better hockey than they did in last year's playoffs. So if the Sabres lose this series and lose one of Briere or Drury, Numminen retires, and they have to pay out a bunch of raises, they're still favorites in my book to contend for a Stanley Cup next season.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:53 PM

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!

Pretty fun game to watch. This series is getting really, really good.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:53 PM

Yes! Home ice is our now! I'm at the next two. Should be a blast. I hope I watch them get wins #2 and #3.