Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread: Reclaiming the NL East

How bout them Braves! Rattle off 6 more wins and with a little luck, hell, a lot of luck, we may slip in the playoffs!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:22 PM

too little too late im afraid. But the hope is still there
Old 09-23-2007, 07:34 PM

I'm glad that the boys fought hard & proved that they can win some games vs some teams fighting for playoffs spots. We know what we have to fix & can move forward with that. We have a great group of veteran & young players to build around.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:36 PM

I guess if the Rockies & Padres were to choke we could sneak in, but like I posted above, I'm happy the way the season ended.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:57 PM

2 Questions?

Are Braves fans (the ones who have given up on playoffs) rooting for the Braves to spoil the Phillies, indifferent, or are some actually rooting for Atlanta to drop these games?

Also, do any hardcore Braves fans have an interest in the AL East race. Given the Yankees payroll and how they just win every god damn yr, you have to believe the Braves 'streak' is in jeapardy if the Yankees win the East. This would be the Yankees 10th straight, 4 more to tie, 5 to go ahead?
Old 09-23-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 Questions?

Are Braves fans (the ones who have given up on playoffs) rooting for the Braves to spoil the Phillies, indifferent, or are some actually rooting for Atlanta to drop these games?

Also, do any hardcore Braves fans have an interest in the AL East race. Given the Yankees payroll and how they just win every god damn yr, you have to believe the Braves 'streak' is in jeapardy if the Yankees win the East. This would be the Yankees 10th straight, 4 more to tie, 5 to go ahead?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I want the Braves to pound the Phils because I hate them and would love Atlanta to help crush there playoff hopes.

2. I'm not too worried about. I don't think about it. Honestly for me I've never really cared about the record. It really means nothing when they only won 1 WS during that run. Sure 1 is better than none but with that many chances you'd expect at the least 2. I've been a Braves fan since I was 5 years old(18 years)so I'm pretty spoiled when it comes to the 14 streak.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:48 PM

I still consider Division championships meanigful. Obviously not the same as a World Championship but they mean something. It seems now the attitude of teams is that 'getting into the playoffs' is winning something. I eally don't understand that, they don't call it a wildcard championship. But a Division Title is still a small title to me, idk if I was a Braves fan I'd feel it means something.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:01 PM

1)I don't hate the Mets as much as the Phillies so I want to pound them & keep them out.

2)I want the Yanks to lose mostly because I hate them and I like the Red Sox. I think division championships mean a lot because you have to play well the whole season generally whereas the playoffs have a lot more variance.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:46 PM

Funny, it took the Braves right up until they were virtually eliminated from the postseason to start playing the way we had all projected them to when the Teixeira/Dotel deals were completed. If they had begun this streak even a week earlier they would be right in the thick of all playoff discussions and probably would have made it.

I am holding out a glimmer of hope that it isn't too late, but realistically it probably is. Of course, it wouldn't be the Braves if they didn't play like garbage when the pressure was on, yet absolutely tore it up when there wasn't much to play for.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:03 AM

Yup, I was thinking the same thing. We play better in like 2-3 games & we're right it in right now not to mention getting hot sooner.