Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Official August Thread: General Discussion, butterfingers/etc

this game pisses me off.

i decide to play today. -$1700. this is doing my head in, it really is. i was 2 tabling 5-10nl and lost $1k: (the other $700 was 8 tabling 1-2nl)

3 handed, the BB loves to min raise when i limp. produces these:

my Q4 vs his QQ on a 24Q board. greattttt. laughably though turn is 10, river 2. i bet $300 on river, he has $200 back and just flat calls. lolsssss.

then my 9Q on a 8TJ board. obv turn 8, river 8.

then my 'he must be 2 barrelling me' mode switches on so i drop $300 with AJ vs his AK on Axx board and i check raise for $350 on a QQA8 board.

AIJOJCISOIACSIOJACSIOJOIASJJCOIASOJIASC

yeah i know this is micro amounts compared with most of you guys, but money is money. it's the time aspect. going 6 months of winning to then have 4 weeks of non stop breakeven crap just sucks. especially when you raise your expectations only to see them wiped away.

i got to get drunk tomorrow. definitely very drunk.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 handed, the BB loves to min raise when i limp.
my Q4

[/ QUOTE ]

Expert.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 handed, the BB loves to min raise when i limp.
my Q4

[/ QUOTE ]

Expert.

[/ QUOTE ]

owned
Old 08-08-2007, 08:34 PM

Looking to trade up to $1500

My UB for your FTP

Reputable posters only unless you're willing to send first or set-up an escrow

PM please
Old 08-08-2007, 08:37 PM

tagtastic, i think the problem is when i see an opponent doing something pretty stupid (like minraising the BB) i want to encourage him to keep doing it (by giving him action) in the hope i hit a good hand. but i guess i should just remember that playing like a tard to get paid off if i hit a good hand simply isnt the best way to play.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:39 PM

Huh? The way you want to play? You think shortstacking was ever meant to be a part of poker and a "way to play it?" Shortstacking is possible through EXPLOITING the incompability of playing against fullstacked and shortstacked players at the same time (when you are a fullstack), and having to worry about two ranges, whereas the shortstack obviously only have to care about one. You do realize this right? You do realize that "shortstacking" isn't a form of poker, you do realize you'd make close to zilch playing at a table of only shortstackers (that aren't completely retarded), right?

You do realize that you are EXPLOITING the game by shortstacking, right?

Even using terms like "it's the game I want to play" shows how immature you are when it comes to realizing exactly what you are doing. It is for this very same reason that people are berating you for shortstacking; I'm stunned you don't understand how the fact that you exploiting the game of poker makes other players irritated/hateful against you.

In the poker world, you ARE a second class citizen for shortstacking, how can that NOT be clear to you?

Jesus, "Its the way I want to play", how can you be so stupid as to actually write this?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:41 PM

mdma [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Huh? The way you want to play? You think shortstacking was ever meant to be a part of poker and a "way to play it?" Shortstacking is possible through EXPLOITING the incompability of playing against fullstacked and shortstacked players at the same time (when you are a fullstack), and having to worry about two ranges, whereas the shortstack obviously only have to care about one. You do realize this right? You do realize that "shortstacking" isn't a form of poker, you do realize you'd make close to zilch playing at a table of only shortstackers (that aren't completely retarded), right?

You do realize that you are EXPLOITING the game by shortstacking, right?

Even using terms like "it's the game I want to play" shows how immature you are when it comes to realizing exactly what you are doing. It is for this very same reason that people are berating you for shortstacking; I'm stunned you don't understand how the fact that you exploiting the game of poker makes other players irritated/hateful against you.

In the poker world, you ARE a second class citizen for shortstacking, how can that NOT be clear to you?

Jesus, "Its the way I want to play", how can you be so stupid as to actually write this?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, quit being a little bitch and learn how to play POKER.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:49 PM

i've never ran so bad in my life. 3 sets lose ai on the flop, TT rivers a T against my AA ai on flop, my flush loses to higher flush.. there goes 2 weeks worth of grinding. how to kill thyself? let me count the ways..
Old 08-08-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is NMcNasty one of you guys?

If so, shut the [censored] up and play. You whine like a little bitch every time I'm in a hand and its irritating.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's nmcnasty on 2p2, used to play bw at high level as newbiemcnasty

I've never seen him whine at the table, but meh
Closed Thread