Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Yet another tent fiasco

They should have dropped one of those GIANT cans of Milwaukee Bestlight??? cans of beer on the damn tent .....obviously when NO card players were playing,but when those honcho's were pontificating this brilliant idea while inside it in 117 thousand degrees heat,and end it at that.

The whole tent charade was a travesty,as soon as the first incident occurred with the wind early in the series,and should have been ditched from there.There are a ton of un-used conference rooms that would have been perfect in every regard.

But why ACTUALLY THINK?

What were these nitwits in charge ......waiting for a tent collapse,....or maybe even a cold-blooded ESKIMO to drop in those conditions,used to much lower tempatures?

What a joke!

~stephen feraca [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2007, 02:06 PM

Move the series back to April like it was a few years ago?
Old 07-07-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are a ton of un-used conference rooms that would have been perfect in every regard.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true, the ones down the hall were in use at least when I was there. There was I think a Bar-Mitzvah reception and a Tupperware seminar of some sort. Obv Harrah's has it's priorities in order [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2007, 03:02 PM

Ah, but April is prime convention time when they can get a better price, and sell out more of the rest of the hotel without the Series. People don't want to come in July, not many conventions book then, so since we have no choice and it is low season that is what we get. But was there a price discount for the move, no. And there would have been if we were a corporate customer.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah, but April is prime convention time when they can get a better price, and sell out more of the rest of the hotel without the Series. People don't want to come in July, not many conventions book then, so since we have no choice and it is low season that is what we get. But was there a price discount for the move, no. And there would have been if we were a corporate customer.

[/ QUOTE ]

players = salmon
Harrah's = grizzly
Old 07-07-2007, 03:52 PM

The Series reminds me on a smaller level of this horrible training convention I was at. The Dem. party must have negoicated some super low price, because they treated us like crap. There was this dinner, they always had a salad, cheap, then there was a baked potatoe, then there was all this crap to put on it, bacon and cheese and stuff, I was like nah, then I get to the end, more potaoes. That was it, a potatoe for dinner. Lots of potatoe famine jokes, the worst part is some of the pollsters and consultants had managed to get sushi in. Was not happy. Last day as we were checking out, (at which point out seminars were no longer in the hotel, but the extension across the street, the still under construction extension across the street), AT&T was coming in. Ice scupture, receiving line, string quartet, those hotels know who they give a **** about and who they don't, and we are on the wrong list folks.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:38 PM

I don't usually read the WSOP forum, but I've been lurking for a few days. I must say that this theme cracks me up:

[ QUOTE ]
People don't want to come in July, not many conventions book then, so since we have no choice and it is low season that is what we get. But was there a price discount for the move, no. And there would have been if we were a corporate customer.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a lot of that on this board. "We are hostage to HET's incompetence and penny pinching. We are helpless to do anything about it. All we can do is lie down and take it..."

I've yet to see anyone mention the obvious relief from this untenable situation:

DON'T GO! STAY HOME! PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

I wouldn't give HET two cents.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't usually read the WSOP forum, but I've been lurking for a few days. I must say that this theme cracks me up:

[ QUOTE ]
People don't want to come in July, not many conventions book then, so since we have no choice and it is low season that is what we get. But was there a price discount for the move, no. And there would have been if we were a corporate customer.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a lot of that on this board. "We are hostage to HET's incompetence and penny pinching. We are helpless to do anything about it. All we can do is lie down and take it..."

I've yet to see anyone mention the obvious relief from this untenable situation:

DON'T GO! STAY HOME! PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

I wouldn't give HET two cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya, I went the 2nd day the wsop was open (june 2nd?), and it was such a joke that I haven't gone back since. It really sucks cause i was looking forward to it for so long, but it's not worth it. If everyone could have managed to do this harrah's really would have got what they deserved.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:33 PM

I bet Harrah's could jack up their take to 50% and people (I'm thinking of Hellmuth as I write this) would still play, in search of bracelets and WSOP "glory".
Old 07-08-2007, 04:16 AM

not in those conditions