Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 01:38 AM

Default Stars 1/2 - Are my stats terrible?

I think i am playing well, but i am getting STOMPED. I must be doing something wrong, but i really have no idea what it is.

Over the last 14000 hands i have the following stats:

VPIP 15.05%, Vol from SB 25.11%, Folded SB to steal 62.40%, Att. to steal blinds: 30.29%, Won $ WSF: 37.06%

Went to SD: 32.08%, Won $ at SD 51.72%, PF raise 8.97%,
Flop AF: 3.47, Turn AF 2.57, River AF 1.35, Total AF 2.64

This may be a little skewed because over the last 4k hands i'm down $500, and i'm negative with AK, AKs, AQ, AJs, ATs, QK, QKs, QQ, TT etc so that doesn't help.

But i feel over 14k hands i should be positive. Is there anything glaring about this stat line that indicates a major leak somewhere?
Old 11-22-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Stars 1/2 - Are my stats terrible?

[ QUOTE ]
VPIP 15.05%, Vol from SB 25.11%

[/ QUOTE ]

Too tight

[ QUOTE ]
Flop AF: 3.47

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not enough calling, but could also be too much bet-folding.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:54 AM

I almost NEVER bet/fold the flop. Usually i will just call and fold the turn even if i think i'm beat. But I thought I shouldn't be just calling very much on the flop. If i have TP etc, shouldn't i be raising or folding? What's the point of calling with something like mid pair so i'll have no idea where i am and will probably be bet at again on the turn?

15% VPIP is too tight?

This is my VPIP per position

7: 9.81%, 6: 8.73%, 5:9.03%, 4:10.73%, 3:10.95%, 2:13.86%, 1:16.99%, Button:21.24%

Are u suggesting i should open limp small pp's or Ax in early position? I used to limp KJs and KTs until i realized that KJs and KTs were costing me more money than any other hand. I think open limping those are really weak plays.

I also was raising AJ and ATs utg. Then i realized those were my next 2 biggest losing hands.

If i'm open limping a7s, and i get raised, do i just check fold a high flops? What about 44? Do i check fold low flops, or do i play a crap pair out of position where AK will lose as little as possible and QQ will make as much as possible?
Old 11-22-2007, 01:58 AM

yay a stat post that has >10K hands, I'll reply to this one.

What limits u play? 15% VPIP seems a little tight. Also I'm wondering if maybe ur cbetting tenancies could be increasing ur flop AGF.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:03 AM

Stars 1/2 as it says in the title.

Yeah, i basically c bet every time i raise. Maybe i shouldn't be doing that, but what do i do with overcards if i'm not c-betting? Should i be check/folding or what?

I know it's annoying to put stat things up, but I was doing the "i'm getting such crappy luck" thing, and then i realized I should shut up, and if i'm losing it means i suck. If it's really annoying, i'll just delete the post.

I know my VPIP is tight, but what if anything should i be open limping? Most of my games are 3-4 ppl/flop and there is a fair amount of raising, so i really do not want to be OOP with weak/dominated hands.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I know it's annoying to put stat things up, but I was doing the "i'm getting such crappy luck" thing, and then i realized I should shut up, and if i'm losing it means i suck. If it's really annoying, i'll just delete the post.

[/ QUOTE ]
nah u didn't get what I meant, it's a good thing that u posted ur stats after 10K hands, most new posters wait till they hit a downswing after 2K or even 1K.

As for ur cbet with OC's question it's too difficult to give a specific answer, due to the nature of poker. The best way to find out is to make a "do i cbet to often" post & show a few spots where u were uncomfortable/unsure, even a quiz would work.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:21 AM

Cool thanks! Can i just ask about my VPIP. I don't know if you saw but i posted my VPIP for every position? Do you think i should play more hands across the board than that?

I just do not like open limping very much because i'll get isolated a lot of the time and QJs or 55 plays well multiway, but not very well against 1 raiser, or 1 raiser + caller.

Any advice on where i should loosen up? Also, what do you think about 30% steal pos raise.

Right now i'm raising basically 55 or better, any A, K decent q, or 2 cards above 78 or 98 on button, and something like 66+, a6 or k8+, q7s+, j8s+ etc in CO depending on who the blinds are. My CO stats are lower than my button or hijack stats, so i'm wondering if i'm too loose from the CO.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the point of calling with something like mid pair so i'll have no idea where i am and will probably be bet at again on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this can be part of your problem. With mid pair you have 5 outs to beat TP. Often you can add some back door draws to a flush or straight. Maybe you miscalculate your odds and fold when you actually have the odds to continue?

You also said that you basically cbet every time. Even TAGs are allowed to call once in a while when it's +EV to do so.

BTW, I assume your stats are for FR and not 6-max.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:37 AM

No i mean assuming i have mid pair with a decent kicker, I raise this instead of just calling. For instance, if there is a flush draw or something, and i just call with mid pair, someone with the draw will often continue to bet, and then i will have no idea where i am. I would rather raise the flop, bet the turn, and check behind the river than call down FTR.

I know i should call sometimes, but i thought it is usually better to be raising than calling on the flop. I am just wondering.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:45 AM

try to find games where u can play m/way hands in EP/MP. Tho don't know what the current state of 1/2 FR games r like. As for ur VPIP positions I think u could open up a bit more in LP, OTB seems ok but u could open/steal from HJ & CO a bit more which would increase both ur stealing & VPIP stats.

FWIW here's my FR stats but take in mind these are mainly from Sep 05 -> Dec 06 the games were pretty juicy back in teh early 06 days esp @ Paradise.

As for positions:
OTB = 26
CO = 24
HJ = 20

These stats of mine r prolly a little laggy but it would help ur game if u played a few more hands from HJ on.