Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 11-30-2007, 12:07 AM

Default QJs vs 3 tags

UTG 21/10/2 My only note on him is: opened AQo then call down raggy board UI

button 18/12/3.5 cc stat is 7/2879 notes: cap jj vs bb 3 bet, raised A hi flop, check turn and river;
c/r tpwk in sb 3 way;

SB 14/4/1.58 <<- the weaker of the 3 but tight preflop. no notes

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (11 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero...

*there may be more if this generates any discussion.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: QJs vs 3 tags

i'd just raise it here since your opponents can believe you hold a much weaker hand than you do and still give you action.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:55 AM

Fold preflop. You've got a TAG open-raising UTG and then the players behind you are TAGs and a pretty T TAG in the blind. I don't know if you're going to get the multiway action you want.

As played, raise it up. Worry about the case Q with a better kicker if you get 3-bet or check-raised on the turn. Hope that someone is out there with a couple diamonds and will be stuck chasing you down in this big pot.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:58 AM

I'm not in love with the pf coldcall.

On the flop, we may be looking at a rare case for a call/3bet; BTN looks like he likes to get cute, see if maybe he'll raise it for you before you go all aggro. Definitely get as many bets in on the flop as you can, however it is you do that.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:18 AM

i fold preflop.

and i raise the flop right away to get max bets out of overpairs.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:41 AM

Agree with folding preflop, even though I hate folding suited spades. I could see coldcalling if BB and/or the two other preflop folders are normally loose.

As played, raise the flop. SB's probably bailing with a worse hand anyway, and UTG has already shown the ability to be suspicious &amp; get married to his PFR hands.

Just an aside, but your notes are really only telling half the story. Did UTG call down vs. a loose/passive or a LAG? Was Button's JJ cap vs. a rock or a maniac? I try to put as much detail as possible into mine, without writing a short story for every note. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] For example:

PFR AQo UTG, calldown flop raise 784J2r HU vs LP cc'er.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:10 AM

I'd fold this guy preflop.

I'd raise the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 03:31 AM

Flop is the easiest raise in the world to hopefully take it down right then and there. Preflop is marginal but okay as long as the table is generally pretty loose as a rule.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:06 AM

Well, that Q sits nicely in the cold-call range your opponents might put you on pretty often, IMO. So I think there's a chance they might be more wary of your raise than e.g. Tiltaholic seems to think.

Button will not call two on the turn with anything he is willing to just peel one with here. So I think slowplaying for that goal is no use. However, with his aggro stats we might have an opportunity to call+3bet like bozlax pointed out.

Raise and put your hope on getting action to FD's and overpairs putting you on a free card raise. Getting SB and Btn to fold gutshots like AK, JT, T9 isn't that bad.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:04 AM

blah blah preflop.

here's some more.

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (11 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls. &lt;&lt;-- wtf? I thought these guys were tags?

Turn: (9.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero..