Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

View Poll Results: DEF
New ENGLAND vs. DET 6 85.71%
Tampa @ PIT 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: I Need to Move Up To Where My Raises Get Respect...

Z
O
M
G
!
Old 11-27-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Don\'t come home until u is sobern! (NC Thread)

My only nomination this time around:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's with the influx of people whose ID is a name followed by capital letters? DavidSRT, LukeSLTS, HermannTL, MattHH... am I getting leveled?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like AaronW? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm different. I have a period. (Hmmmmm... early NC nom? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-27-2007, 09:47 PM

has anyone got any pot-limit hold'em experience? i mentioned that i played a game last night (and got pwnd), but i think it's a super juicy game.

it's $300 buy-in and $5 big-blind. the players are generally heaps laggy and are often playing for stacks, which I guess are only moderate size at 60bb.

you will often have a $15-$25 preflop raised called in multiple spots and pots are regularly $60-$100, 4 or 5 handed on the flop.

this seems to make big off-suits hard to play (especially OOP) as you will often find yourself going to the flop 4 ways in a big pot with a top pair or UI OCs. I just don't think I can get raise preflop with AK, and c-bet like $60 into a $60-$75 pot, UI into 3-4 opponents. I think i will only do this with a max of two oppenents as a default rule.

i think open limping mid pairs like 77 is better than open raising. if you open raise them for $15-$20, someone will often come back over the top for the pot and leave you isolated oop. if you only limp them, its harder for someone behind to raise you for such a big bet. i think i will open limp them ep and open raise them lp. maybe raise them after 1 limper. after 1 limper i can raise to $30 total which might get me HU with the limper, although this will really depend on the players behind me. maybe overlimp after two or more calls.

i think i have to play lots of SCs too.

i think this game is going to be high varriance...
Old 11-27-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you will often have a $15-$25 preflop raised called in multiple spots and pots are regularly $60-$100, 4 or 5 handed on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

From this alone, it seems to me that you're playing for hands that you'll be willing to push on the flop. I'd play pretty rocky and not play the implied odds hands unless you're getting them 4 or 5 handed for a $30 pot and in position.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all,

my instructor "candidate" called me back just now, some 23 hours after his first time returning my call. luckily i was prepared for him to be a retard so the first question i asked him was, "do you live in Las Vegas?"

"uh, no. i live in vancouver, b.c."

"so why are you applying for a job that's in las vegas?"

"i didn't realize it was in las vegas."

"hmmm. so what did you think it meant when it said 'Las Vegas/Reno' next to the phone number you called?"

"i didn't realize that. i'm interested in starting a program in vancouver."

"ok, welll, here is my boss's phone number. good luck with that. click."

so how does everyone feel about hiring this guy now? how do you feel about setting him up to start a program in a brand new city in a different country?

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome. i thought it couldn't get any better. it has.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd play pretty rocky and not play the implied odds hands unless you're getting them 4 or 5 handed for a $30 pot and in position

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrmmm, fair point. So you think just muck the mid-pairs and SCs up-front?

what do i do in a case like this...

i'm playing with $250, utg open limps, i make it $20 with AKo. one guy calls the $20 and the blinds call. we go to the flop 5 ways for $100. i've got $230.

flop is kind of in the zone, but not all that co-ordinated, like J95 rainbow. checked to me. i think i have to check this. yes? I know guys will call say a $80 bet with bad odds on gutshots etc, but they will also call with weak pairs. betting here will leave me with $150 and if i get called by even one guy i'm looking at a $260 pot with only $150 behind on the turn and feeling quite committed. so checking the flop would have been a better play imo.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'd play pretty rocky and not play the implied odds hands unless you're getting them 4 or 5 handed for a $30 pot and in position

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrmmm, fair point. So you think just muck the mid-pairs and SCs up-front?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's often getting raised, then yes.

[ QUOTE ]
what do i do in a case like this...

i'm playing with $250, utg open limps, i make it $20 with AKo. one guy calls the $20 and the blinds call. we go to the flop 5 ways for $100. i've got $230.

flop is kind of in the zone, but not all that co-ordinated, like J95 rainbow. checked to me. i think i have to check this. yes? I know guys will call say a $80 bet with bad odds on gutshots etc, but they will also call with weak pairs. betting here will leave me with $150 and if i get called by even one guy i'm looking at a $260 pot with only $150 behind on the turn and feeling quite committed. so checking the flop would have been a better play imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd check it. You don't likely have the best hand at this point, and any reasonable bet is going to put half your money in with ace-high.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd check it. You don't likely have the best hand at this point, and any reasonable bet is going to put half your money in with ace-high

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, thats what I was thinking.

How about something like this...

Hero is MP+something with about $220.

UTG+1 is Crazy. He's played pretty much every hand I think, and raises lots. He has a big stack, looks like at least $600 (of course the crazy has the big stack [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). I've seen him calling down big bets with weak draws and weak made hands. obv he has been hitting them to get his stack up.

UTG limps, crazy raises 20, folded to hero who raises $80 with AJs, folded to crazy who calls.

Flop ($170): 789. Two-tone with one of my suit.
Crazy checks...

Now that I've got to here, it looks like a clear shove, despite the fact I'm almost certain to get called.

On reflection, should I have just called preflop and waited for a better spot to get my money in. Despite crazy raising a wide range. Because my stack is pretty short, my preflop raise has pretty much means that all my chips are going in on the flop if it's checked to me.

If I called preflop, I can still get away from it.

I don't think I can fold preflop because this guy is just to crazy.

fwiw, crazy cashed out after another hour or so with nearly nothing ldo [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On reflection, should I have just called preflop and waited for a better spot to get my money in. Despite crazy raising a wide range. Because my stack is pretty short, my preflop raise has pretty much means that all my chips are going in on the flop if it's checked to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're definitely pushing as played. I don't know how good of a call preflop is. You're putting in 10% of your stack and you're almost certainly playing fit-or-fold postflop (unless you intend to raise crazy's inevitable flop bet with air sometimes). You'd have to ask a NL player about that sort of decision. I don't know where a good cutoff is, even though I've read PNL and the section on SPRs and commitment and all that stuff.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:15 AM

Yer cool, thanks for the C in the NC thread Aaron [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I might go ask some C questions over in the NL NC thread now.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]