Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 01:48 AM

Default .5/1 Turn set against manaic

Opponent doesn't just raise anything. He did cap Q7o the last hand. I wouldn't say he plays reasonable post flop just not awful. Here I am trying to maximize value vs top pair or two pair, flush draw on turn, and minimize vs a made flush.

I think he actually will raise the flop with a flush draw though. Hmm this may not be that interesting, thoughts? Do I just c/f flop or bet is standard?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 11-26-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: .5/1 Turn set against manaic

[ QUOTE ]
Here I am trying to maximize value vs top pair or two pair, flush draw on turn, and minimize vs a made flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then why didn't you 3bet the turn?

donking the river achieves nothing unless you either think:
a) he is trying to FSDr u
b) you want to b/3bet the river.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Then why didn't you 3bet the turn?

donking the river achieves nothing unless you either think:
a) he is trying to FSDr u
b) you want to b/3bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]I decided on the turn I wanted to play for 4 bets (edit: two from him obv), so hoping he would accomodate and raise--definitely capable of raising with nothing on both streets but it's more likely he does have some hand. Should I be willing to bet/3bet/call turn and river?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I be willing to bet/3bet/call turn and river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should be willing to bet/3-bet the turn and bet/call the river, but I don’t know about 3-betting twice.
If he doesn’t cap you on the turn, he’s either still on a draw, or thinking about getting an extra bet out of you on the river. So, 3-betting the river would probably be donating to a better hand.
And if he caps the turn after your 3-bet, you can check/call the river. Anything more will be spew, IMO.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:56 AM

Grouch

Preflop and flop are goot.
I call turn, and check call the river. Although you might be able to 3-bet the turn as well. I don't recommend donking the river UI if you didn't 3-bet the turn. If he was bluffing the turn he's folding, and if he was raising witha flush you're beat. I don't see any value in betting that river in that situation; however, if you did 3-bet the turn and you weren't capped you probably could bet/call the river. If you were capped it's an easy check call on the river.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:31 AM

Grunch:
call the turn and check call the river
Old 11-27-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He did cap Q7o the last hand. I wouldn't say he plays reasonable post flop just not awful

[/ QUOTE ]

Im confused by this maniac read. so he is only a maniac preflop? I honestly cant recall any players who ive seen capping junk preflop who arent awful postflop so I really dont know how to interpret this read. A player doesnt have to be awful to be betting/raising this turn with less than a flushdraw...he just needs to be a lag and have something like two pair or TPTK

[ QUOTE ]
I think he actually will raise the flop with a flush draw though

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a traditional maniac and given this read Im 3balling the turn and call down UI if he caps. Big hands call for big pots against tards even if it takes you to variance city. this is an overplayed 2pair or TP alot if this dude is a maniac or even non-thinking lag. Worse case scenario is that you call down a cap and put in 5 bets instead of 4.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:22 AM

Three betting the turn is bettter than calling and donking the river. If you saw this player cap preflop with Q7o, I am willing to risk getting 4bet on the turn because there is a great chance our set is ahead.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:30 AM

Whoo...my first post in forever...

I think I 3bet on the turn with this plan for the river: If he caps the turn, I check/call the river. If he calls my 3bet on the turn, I bet/call the river.

Remember that even if he hit a flush on the turn, you still have outs to a full house. If he did have a flush on the turn you lose one more big bet this way than the way you played it, but you'll be good often enough that you want to be extracting here rather than playing safe.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:44 AM

Maniac isn't so much a maniac in this hand it seems, he turned on with the flush. I have to call down if I don't 3 bet the turn.

A donk with that river card makes no sense.