Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Old-Timers Game (GAME THREAD)

Bobo, I got the seer to fake peek the wolf under the most suspicion as a villager. I can't really ask for more when I'm getting lynched. I don't think there is anyway the village can lynch mets when I list him as evil there. He would have been the obvious 2nd choice to be lynched when I fake seer anyway, so I almost have to peek him as something if I fake seer.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you Zurvan.

For the people saying my fake peek of Mets was horrible, youre all idiots...

Consider all the information I have....

Fact 1)Everyone is voting Boiler
Fact 2)Boiler spazzes out and claims seer, he has Mets as a wolf
Fact 3)I know for a fact Boiler is not seer. I am a seer and I have peeked the other, Boiler is obviously a wolf.
Fact 4)I am a seer. I have 3 alive peeks and one dead one. Unlees boiler is making a HORRIBLE PLAY AS WOLF, than Metsandfinsfan had to be a clear villager, so I tell a little white lie and replace my dead peek with seeing Mets as a villager.

I have to assume Boiler isnt making a horrendous play here. It would be like calling a 4 bet PF 3-handed with JJ and then all 3 players show TT and 99 and 88. Yes you made a 'bad' fold but was it really bad or were the other players around you playing horrible.

Plus i knew on the 1% chance Mets was a wolf the wolves PROBABLY wouldn't kill me anyway, which is what happened. And so i actually did peek Mets, just in case so if i lived I'd know whats going on, ok He turnd out to be a wolf, Boiler made a bad play oh well...

My play almost NEVER backfires for the village.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fact 5) Recently when someone under a lot of pressure claims seer with a wolf, the village lynches neither of them. Which is actually a good play because you don't want to let a wolf control a lynch. Thus if Boiler knows Mets won't get lynched, the fake is good if it causes someone to clear Mets stupidly.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fact 5) Recently when someone under a lot of pressure claims seer with a wolf, the village lynches neither of them. Which is actually a good play because you don't want to let a wolf control a lynch. Thus if Boiler knows Mets won't get lynched, the fake is good if it causes someone to clear Mets stupidly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Boiler had planned to come out with Mets as a wolf, well before he got any pressure. As I pointed out, he had a little episode with Mets that made it sound like Boiler was a seer and Mets was wolf. Was that planned Boiler?
Old 06-30-2007, 01:06 PM

no, but I considered it when I did get pressure. Mets and I were both under heat early so we were just hoping one of us might look better later if we went after eachother.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:17 PM

boilers play was good since we were prob the next two lynches no matter what. it worked perfectly too ... but we [censored]-ed up and didnt eat bobo

sigh
Old 07-04-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
***dead***

a) i apologize for fake-seering; i thought i was cleared by most, so at best i'd buy seers another day for the LOCK; at worst nothing bad would happen; i guess i was overconfident in my villageryness

b) ugh @ killing me first, tho...considering i have posted a ton this game and am trying much more than most of the unconfirmeds u left alive

***dead***

[/ QUOTE ]

Just rememered that I wanted to say that this was way over the line in terms of what should be allowed as a death post. Agree/disagree?
Old 07-04-2007, 03:40 PM

I wasn't in the game, but I think death posts with any game-related content are inappropriate, particularly those involving thought processes.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
***dead***

a) i apologize for fake-seering; i thought i was cleared by most, so at best i'd buy seers another day for the LOCK; at worst nothing bad would happen; i guess i was overconfident in my villageryness

b) ugh @ killing me first, tho...considering i have posted a ton this game and am trying much more than most of the unconfirmeds u left alive

***dead***

[/ QUOTE ]

Just rememered that I wanted to say that this was way over the line in terms of what should be allowed as a death post. Agree/disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree... I read that and thought "Nich... WTF are you thinking????"
Old 07-05-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't in the game, but I think death posts with any game-related content are inappropriate, particularly those involving thought processes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-05-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. It may be time to go back to the "submit death posts to the game mod" rule for long games.