Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Million Dollar Homepage

His blog is one of the few genuinely interestings blogs I've read.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:27 AM

I work in internet advertising, and I'm having trouble understanding the results he's providing. I'm not convinced of a good ROI yet. Regardless, I think it's a pretty damn cool idea.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I work in internet advertising, and I'm having trouble understanding the results he's providing. I'm not convinced of a good ROI yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

could u elaborate?
Old 10-05-2005, 11:48 AM

Obviously it's a pretty good idea, but this thing has gotten loads of press coverage over here in the UK due to the kid's age.

Were it not for this 'lucky' coverage it would no doubt be languishing in obscurity. I've been a bit miffed with all the undeserved attention its gotten and was hoping that the smart people of OOT would see through this.

Then I opened this masturbatory thread. Ugh.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:50 AM

I cannot assume this would be more then $5k/year, but it's really hard to say because there are a lot of variables. If he was smart, he would probably just colocate

It's hard to tell how much traffic he's really experiencing, and the cost will probably go down in the comming years as traffic slows down.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:14 PM

What a bastard! I read his blog and he says he has other ideas. Get ready for either the $2 million dollar home page or the $10 million dollar home page.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:29 PM

For an advertiser, not for him. He's clearly cleaning up.

I read the case study though and that certainly justifies a small investment.

I am beginning to rethink my position as only such a small ivestment is required. However, I think the advertiser in the case study may be having exceptionally good results. I'd want to see some more traffic stats, but I think I'd definitely reccomend a small test for a vriety of young businesses, especially those that depend on leads.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So me and a friend saw this and thought it would be a terrific idea to make a cheaper version of this. Only then did we realize that is had already been made. Somewhere on there it says 20cent pixels. So we were pretty upset when we followed the link to be shown it had already been done. Only then did an epiphany strike us, we could make a 1c version of the original site. Sadly, it had already been created. Yet in all this letdown there is still hope, we are hoping to make a site of 1/2c pixels where our projected outcome will be 50$.

[/ QUOTE ]

You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs? Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7... Minute... Abs.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:05 PM

am i the only one who thinks this is probably just a fairly big scam? the guy probably loaded the grid with a bunch of fake ads to attract attention and actually start selling pixels. out of those $256k he claims to have made its probably only like $5k.

if its legitimate though, holy cow brilliant. even if its a scam then its still brilliant but just not wow im a 60 day millionare brilliant.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
am i the only one who thinks this is probably just a fairly big scam? the guy probably loaded the grid with a bunch of fake ads to attract attention and actually start selling pixels. out of those $256k he claims to have made its probably only like $5k.

if its legitimate though, holy cow brilliant. even if its a scam then its still brilliant but just not wow im a 60 day millionare brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet alot of the first ones were fakes in order to gain exposure about the website. Therefore, people would truly believe alot of people were buying into it. I'm sure at least 95% of what is done now is completely legit.