Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: June Low-Content Thread

I broke my streak and WON a fn session

was down -11bb in under 30 min, but managed to turn it round to a 17.5bb win at the end, WOOT

I've decided to go on a hot streak now, winning the next 2000 sessions in a row, starting tonight

jinx

bestest hand was where I slowplayed aces a bit and won a stupid big pot because of it

NOW SHOW ME TEH MONIES!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 02:42 PM

6/20 ($3K limit) - 6/24. PM me if you want to grab beers as based on my previous history I'm sure I'll bust out of the tourney in no time at all.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:23 PM

Notes from Vegas -

Chairs in the Bellagio poker room seem only to go sideways. When I first sat in them I'm banging all over the place, wondering wtf. I apologize to a young guy on my left. He smiles and says "No problem, it's just that I don't have any shoes on". I look down and his sandals are under the table. Funny.

As always, I tell my wife to page ST at the desk when we're meeting. The a-hole at the low limit desk in the entrance won't do it. Keeps telling her a bunch of guys will raise their hands. He wants a full name. Finally she asks is he going to do it or not and he does. The room is maybe half full. I'm the only guy who raises his hand.

With all the headaches floor people have to deal with, why create your own? Lady asks you to page ST, just fckn page ST. OK? If that doesn't work, you did your best.

Other thing is, when a man tells his wife what to do and she does it, he doesn't need another man giving her a hard time about it. Make it easy for the wife to do as instructed.

Ski and Boba were good. Dave Neif needs to stop whispering into the fckn mike when calling names. I was sitting right behind him in a 2-5 game, got passed over and crossed off the 5-10 list because I couldn't hear him. Guy's like a church mouse at a rock concert.

Out of all the big names I saw, I could have sworn I saw Tuan Lee. Can't be sure though because he was about 4' tall. Looked like a lost kid on a field trip.

I was just leaving for dinner and saw Schnieds getting seated for 5-10NL game at another table. Looks just like his picture. I introduced myself and shook hands for 2 sec's. Nice guy.

Saw a fat guy with curly hair and a lot of chips playing 30-60. That's how mikel. always describe's himself. I was playing in a good 5-10NL and kept going over to ch out the game. Didn't appear good enough to leave mine for. Later I'm having a quick bite with my wife in Snacks when that guy walks in. As we're leaving I ask him if his name is Mike. His eyes open wide like a deer in the head lights and says no. LOL.

Ch'd out the rooms at Ceasar's, Mirage and Venetian. They were all dead but the 2-5 at the Venetian was playing deep. Never made it to the Wynn.

Strangest thing about Vegas was I had no appetite. Whether it was the heat or the air, I only ate twice a day. Hated the water. Don't know if I could ever get used to it. Funny thing is I thought the Fiji water tasted like the local water. Tasted different than the Fiji at the Borgata. Interesting.

Almost forgot. Ate at some great places. Le Cirque was overpriced stupid, but that's ok once in a while. Couldn't believe what they pulled though. My wife and I always have drinks, app's and entree's but rarely eat dessert. So we ask for the ch. As we're waiting they put out a small dish of sweets. I'm looking over our bill days later when checking out and see they charged us $8 for it. How fcked up is Le Cirque that they have to force feed you $8 worth of sweets on a $325 bill for two with the tip?

All in all, great place to visit but............
Old 06-04-2007, 05:01 PM

I forgot to complain about my Friday session so I will now. I got stuck like 3 racks playing 40 I don't even know how in about 2 hours. 3 racks isn't a big deal but when you've been winning hand over fist the past few weeks you begin to forget that it's possible to win less than every single chip on the table and sometimes you even leave with less dollars than you began. I think I won the first pot I played by turning a gutshot with AQ vs Danny's AK on a KT9 flop and then lost every single pot after that. I manage to somehow claw my way back to up a little bit by about 11pm and I stay that way until about 4am. By 5:30 I am walking away somehow stuck 3300 in a 5 handed game with 3 rabid animals and Sandeeb who I don't think is good but is probably a winning player in most lineups. It's not a lot of dollars or a lot of bets but it was pretty surprising because the 5 handed game was super passive but everyone kept flopping pairs and the few I flopped fell to something stronger or someone hitting their draw like every time, and when I'm isolating someone or raising the button constantly and keep making second best it usually doesn't end well. I guess that actually doesn't make it too surprising.

I also just realized that the only two straight flushes I have made playing live I made on the same day at the same table. I've also folded a decent amount of hands that would have made straight flushes and weirdly enough I have folded deuces three times that they would have made quads but never any other pair that I can recall.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:44 AM

"Sandeeb"

who?? you mean sanjeev (sanjiv?)? indian guy friendly quiet around 30-35, doesnt play at oceans much anymore plays at commerce a lot.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:41 PM

Really quiet. I would have guessed he is less than 30. Pretty tall, not fat but not a twig. Wears a baseball/sports cap and a watch with a black band. I'm almost positive it is Sandeeb unless I am confusing him with someone else completely. He often shows up at midnight or later. He plays what I can best describe as "live TAG" which is my nice way of saying he is pretty nitty and makes lots of mistakes. He was playing normalish when we first started playing shorthanded that night but after I 3bet him with J9s because he always folds if he doesn't make something he started open limping randomly in like the HJ/CO with hands that need to be raised and I kept isolating him at which point he proceeded to make a flush or top pair like 90%+ of the time. I have only seen him steam once and it was not pretty.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:22 PM

brag, just won the most I have ever won online in a pretty short session.

I sat in a pretty good looking 30 Stud 8 while on the list for a couple 15 Hold Them games, won like 5 bets and then the people that I wanted to play against left. My 15 seats both open and within a few hands I see that I am going to be better served by playing only one table due to the santa claus sitting at one of my tables. After seeing that he is on permatilt playing like every hand I scroll through all the tables from 15-100 because he is hidden from search and I see he is also on a 30 table and once again I run good and get the seat on his direct left when a seat opens. The highest lhe I had played online before this point was like 20 on Boss where I got raped in the most retarded games ever. Even though I would consider myself rolled for this game it seemed big.

He was even worse than I thought. I described him as recently "shooting unicorns into his spinal cord" in MHSH. He completely BUSTO on the 15 table but just left with like 7k in his stack still on the 30 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

He only sucked out on me a few times and I was fortunate enough to have the best hand against him repeatedly. Final tally was +2600 in the 30, +1800 in the 15 and +300 or whatever in the Stud 8. 322 hands of lhe. I think before this my biggest online wins are like a million different days in the 1700-2k range. Running good is fun. It has been a looooooooooong time since my last 100BB day win online (like 3/6 Party days) with more 100-150BB day losses than I want to recall since then.

The only bad part is that I was skipping my last class of the day to play but wanted to pick up my paper at the end of lecture, but there was absolutely no way I was leaving the 30 table without BUSTOing my 25 bet shot or the fish leaving and he left about 20 mins after the class ended. The lecture itself didn't matter since the prof posts the slides online but it would have been nice to see what the TA expects of me on the final so I c an write what she wants to read.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:08 PM

My bust out hand in the $1500 limit:

Fold to me in Small Blind, I go all in w/79.
BB calls w/A6.

Board comes J,7,J,J,J

Came in 24th.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:28 AM

mike, what's your assessment of sanjiv? i overheard some others saying that "sanjiv has no weaknesses", but i havent played against him much...

also, i dont think howmany was talking about the same guy... he might be talking about "SB"? he always wears a hat and is pretty tall... i dont think SB is that nitty...
Old 06-08-2007, 08:06 AM

i dont know who sb is offhand i would have to see his face. sanjiv is generally weak tight, very tight in general. his weakness would be he's too passive. he's a good player though, he regularly plays and beats the 1-2 at commerce.
Closed Thread