Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-30-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Help me play these tought spots 1 time.

I have no history w/opponent and all I know is that he is 32/13 and playing very very aggressive post flop. Ive been playing somewhere in the neighborhood of 18/13.

1. Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $50
MP: $28.35
CO: $41.15
BTN: $55.10
SB: $25.50
Hero (BB): $76.25

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, 4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.75</font>, UTG calls $4.75

Flop: ($13.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $39</font>, Hero?

So I know I screwed this one up on the flop BIG TIME, but what should I do on turn and river? Button has been playing like 60% of his hands (if that helps).

2. Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

Hero (MP): $55.55
CO: $43.95
BTN: $61.50
SB: $49.70
BB: $54.75
UTG: $43

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $2, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($6.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.50</font>, Hero calls $3.50, BTN calls $3.50

Turn: ($17) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $9.50</font>, BTN calls $9.50, SB folds

River: ($36) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $11</font>, Hero folds

Results: $36 Pot ($1.75 Rake)
BTN mucked and WON $34.25 (+$19.25 NET)

This Opponent has been actively raising button and is running at 26/10 (50 hands). I have not been getting out of line nor have I 3bet him before. Should I have played flop differently? what should I do on this turn?

3. Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

SB: $33.75
Hero (BB): $59.55
UTG: $51.50
CO: $15.05
BTN: $60.95

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.50</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.75</font>, BTN calls $3.25

Flop: ($9.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, BTN calls $7

Turn: ($23.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $11</font>, Hero

This opponent has just sat down and I it his first hand playing on the table.

4. Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

BTN: $27.60
Hero (SB): $50
BB: $50
UTG: $48.65
MP: $23.20
CO: $53.35

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.75</font>, BB calls $2.75

Turn: ($9.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $6.50</font>, Hero calls $6.50

River: ($22.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $14</font>, Hero?
Old 11-30-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Help me play these tought spots 1 time.

it's hard to respond to 4 hands at once scrolling up and down, try posting them individually. with that said..

hand 1
easy fold, opponents don't really mess around in 3b pots

hand 2
raise flop, charge any draws. hand will play out differently, raise flop, bet fold turn. as played, if he's that aggro, i call this river.

hand 3
another bet fold spot, as played i'd fold here as you may have to face a river bet also.

hand 4
the diamond is a decent double barrel card on the turn if your opponent isn't a retard. as played fold river you beat nothing.

Really quick analysis because I have to leave nowish, but here goes:

Hand #1 probably fold as played, but if he's really that aggro c/c flop and turn.

Hand #2 please raise the flop. It's really drawy and you have to charge them. As played I'm not sure if I even bet the turn, I might just c/f. That was a really ugly card for you. River fold is definitely good.

Hand 3 fold turn, the spade draw got there, and that combined with Qx comprises most of his range at that point. I don't think he has an underpair very often.

Hand 4 c/f &gt; b/f &gt; c/c on the turn. Fold river as played.

Hand 1: Ask yourself why you led on the flop. When you know the answer to this question, you'll know what to do next. If you don't know why you led the flop, then at least you know where your leak is.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Ask yourself why you led on the flop. When you know the answer to this question, you'll know what to do next. If you don't know why you led the flop, then at least you know where your leak is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I supposed to check every single time an Ace hits the flop when I have a big pp in a 3bet pot? The way he was playing I could see him 4betting pre w/AA,KK,AK.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I supposed to check every single time an Ace hits the flop when I have a big pp in a 3bet pot? The way he was playing I could see him 4betting pre w/AA,KK,AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

No - bet a bit less on the flop, maybe $8-$8.5 - but I c-bet here as he is probably folding KK down here as you are representing a strong A - but fold to raise.