Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: NL 100: AKo Squeeze

When a 70BB player raises to 13BB, there is almost 0% chance he's folding to a shove. If he had 100BB, that chance goes up a lot.

I really think a lot of people around this forum are overly concerned with the metagame. Expanding your shoving/4bet range is MUCH less important than getting good equity, especially at <100 (and even much higher). VERY few people are thinking about history when they play you, not to mention that PAHUD doesnt even display 3bet and 4bet stats.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sobos, I'm sorry but I don't see either a big or committing 3bet. He made about as standard of a 3bet as it gets. He's unknown so he's probably not a nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

AK is a good hand in this position but it's not a made had. It's only a big underdog to AA and a and a slighter dog to KK but our opponents actions say I have AA or KK. Now that I really think about it I think a fold is a very sound move here.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sobos, I'm sorry but I don't see either a big or committing 3bet. He made about as standard of a 3bet as it gets. He's unknown so he's probably not a nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

AK is a good hand in this position but it's not a made had. It's only a big underdog to AA and a and a slighter dog to KK but our opponents actions say I have AA or KK. Now that I really think about it I think a fold is a very sound move here.

[/ QUOTE ]

AK is a better than than QQ in this spot and far far better than JJ
Old 11-26-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I think in this situation you can flat call the 3 bet and take the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, I think that flat calling a reraise out of position with a hand like AK is a leak. Raising or folding is better. You will miss your top pair 2/3s of the time, and even when you hit you will then have to play OOP on every street which makes it hard to win the most when ahead, and lose the least when behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh,
that makes a lot of since. What about a fold here ?
Old 11-26-2007, 05:17 PM

I get looked up by all kinds of stuff in this spot from unknowns. I really don't think their ranges are AA/KK. Vs. some nits, definitely, but unknowns, no.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:18 PM

What are you defining as the villain's committing 3bet range (this is VERY different from a normal 3bet range) and a villain's 3bet coldcall range and assume he's calling your shove his entire range. Then, pokerstove your answer.

AK is so much better when you have FE, and you have VERY little FE here. I hate 4betting AK unless I know that the villain's 3bet range is very wide.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a 3bet and a flat call does not limit either players range to solely AA and KK

[/ QUOTE ]

AK is a better than than QQ in this spot and far far better than JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I be wanting to push here when I'm a slight dog to one of my opponents QQ and the other could possibly have me dominated ?
Old 11-26-2007, 05:22 PM

If you know for sure that one of then has QQ and the other has whatever worse hand then this is like the easiest shove of all time. The stacks are too small with the dead money for this to even be a discussion. Even with a range of QQ+ for the button this shove is good.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:26 PM

Can you please explain to me why this is a good shove if his range is QQ+? You have next to zero FE, almost nothing invested, and poor pot equity. Please explain.