Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: The Queen Bee Wins the White House: It is almost a Lock

John Adams, the second president of the USA, had a son, John Quincy Adams who was the sixth president of the USA. Guess the political system in the USA has been rotten to the core for 200 years.

Apparently you're on record as stating that a woman president of the USA indicates the system is rotten to the core irregardless of her political beliefs and acumen. But I realize you post a lot of the stuff you do to get a response. You've succeeded again.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:06 PM

Her presidency will/would depend a lot on how Congressional elections turn out. If the Republicans have control of one of the Senate and/or House we're likely to see uber gridlock IMO. If the Democrats get control of both the Senate/House she'll be able to enact more of what she wants to do. If she didn't have the husband she has, she wouldn't stand a chance of being elected.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:06 PM

Foreign policy will be better than this admin., domestic policy will be pretty bad. Some sort of universal or on-the-road-to-universal gov't healthcare, rollback of free trade, probably some tax increases for the wealthy, but little real tax reform.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:36 PM

zeno,

She has mentioned several times that her husband would act as embassador to the world...or something of that nature.

Also, the election is still a year away. A lot can and will happen from now until then.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
John Adams, the second president of the USA, had a son, John Quincy Adams who was the sixth president of the USA. Guess the political system in the USA has been rotten to the core for 200 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically. Read the anti-federalist papers.

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently you're on record as stating that a woman president of the USA indicates the system is rotten to the core irregardless of her political beliefs and acumen. But I realize you post a lot of the stuff you do to get a response. You've succeeded again.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you get that out of what he wrote?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd expect a lot of empty promises. We wouldn't leave Iraq. Her voting record suggests this, among other things. We won't get universal health care, seeing how insurance companies/pharma companies make ridiculous amounts of money to lobby against it. So basically, it'll be Bush part 2, with a few cute tax hikes just for show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why so many people use the fact that insurance/pharma companies lobby to indict insurance/pharma companies. If you felt like your wealth is arbitrarily taken, wouldn't you lobby too? Isn't that more an indictment of the system itself (that EVERYBODY lobbies) than of the actors? It suggests that there are real limitations and faults to the democratic system.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No comment except you know that a political system is rotten to the core when a son and wife of former presidents succeed their fathers and husbands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. It could very well be that the family members that followed were indeed the best options at the time.

This is probably not the case however so it shows that the american voter is stupid to the core. The political system can only win for these dynasties if the people choose to vote for them. In the end, you must blame the voter.

natedogg
Old 10-15-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No comment except you know that a political system is rotten to the core when a son and wife of former presidents succeed their fathers and husbands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:35 PM

I fear that nothing short of complete Armagedon will ensue if she is elected.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:39 PM

I am at a loss for why so many people are in favor of her. She is for amnesty; she will not get us out of Iraq; she gave Bush the green light against Iraq and now Iran.

The only thing I can think of, that all of those middle class people can be thinking of: lower insurance costs. If she had got what she wanted, anyone making 80k or less, would have free health insurance for their kids, paid for by those who smoke. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Shows you how much net pay means to people. Family insurance is expensive. I guess if I had 3 kids, I'd say let the illegals in, and ship someone else's kids to Iraq/Iran too.