Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Flopped set, evil turn (NL 10)

I can finally play at party again so I wanted to check it out. With such a drawy board I should've raised the flop more (2.20ish) but somehow my math blew. As played, should I bet the turn, that is, any way neither of the villains doesn't have the straight/flush? Bet or hope to fill up? Without the SB in the hand I could just bet 5 and call a push but we have 150bb's which complicates matters. No reads on villains, new to the table.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed)

SB ($17.16)
BB ($9.70)
UTG ($9.90)
Hero ($15.90)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, SB calls $0.45, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.60) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.3</font>, UTG calls $0.30, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.8</font>, SB calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.50.

Turn: ($7) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero ?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Flopped set, evil turn (NL 10)

I like a bit larger flop raise.

As played, turn, you can't really get away. Yeah, they might have 56/clubs, but I think bet/call is best. I think the likelyhood of 9T/87/45/etc are all definitely in their wide ranges as well though.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:29 PM

Flop raise was a little light with all those draws but not horrible.

I think I still fire on turn and call anything reasonable if raised. I'm not happy stacking off here but checking turn could make board worse.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:26 AM

It's not great, but remember that you still have about 20% on the river to hit a boat. Bet it out, and hope for a river brick/boat.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:39 AM

isn't it highly likely one of them made a flush and checked it to try and check/raise? That seems pretty standard at this level. Wouldn't an optimal line be to take a card off and try to make fh, or at worst be able to re-evaluate when river card comes off and check/call if another bad card comes?
Old 10-13-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
isn't it highly likely one of them made a flush and checked it to try and check/raise? That seems pretty standard at this level. Wouldn't an optimal line be to take a card off and try to make fh, or at worst be able to re-evaluate when river card comes off and check/call if another bad card comes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this might be best, especially since at this level not a lot of people are getting off their flushed. If the board pairs you can almost guarantee a stack.

I'm on board with you now.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:26 AM

Rais more on the flop, $2.8 would be pot-sized. As played, I probably bet the turn and puke if sb shoves, but I dont want to give a free card here.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:23 AM

Raise more on the flop, you don't want to be playing a set on that board vs 2 players.

I'd check behind the turn for a free card. If one of the villians has a flush, you're way behind and there's no point putting more money in the pot at this point. Since you're vs 2 opponents one of them is likely to be slowplaying his flush; I don't think they'd have called your flop raise if they only held a single [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. If you fill up on the river then you can stack them, but if not you'll have saved yourself some money when you're behind.