Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 08:26 AM

Default carddrunners sign up

<font color="#FF4444">[*] </font>Doesn't work at all. I don't know where else to post this and either there is no contact address on the site or I'm too dumb to find it.

The sign up form seems to be messed up as I can enter my credit card number, but neither what type of card it is nor my cvv. So it obviously doesn't accept my card.

I'm sure it has something to do with the relaunch and others might experience the same problems. What to do?

Btw - if there's someone out there who wants to refer me, pm me.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: carddrunners sign up

They just did a huge overhaul on the site, so there are quite a few bugs to work out. You can e-mail admin@cardrunners.com and explain the problem, and they'll probably be able to help.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:14 PM

Hi sixhigh, we know some users are still having problems signing up and this is a top priority for CR, it should be fixed over the next day or two.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:18 PM

Income generating workflow QA, ftw.

I don't see any reason why you would ever expose a site with bugs of this nature to the public. I wonder if they even did testing?
Old 09-28-2007, 03:55 PM

Same problem..
Old 09-28-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't see any reason why you would ever expose a site with bugs of this nature to the public. I wonder if they even did testing?

[/ QUOTE ]

read the 600 post thread where everyone was getting impatient cuz it was taking more than 4 hours
Old 09-29-2007, 05:59 PM

I had the same problem with he error message after i entered my Credit Card number.

I dont know if i payed now or not?!?

Can someone from the Cardrunners team confirm me if the 130 dollars were booked when i got the error message or not.

Pretty upset..paid (or not) for something i didnt get...

Thx 4 helping...
Old 09-29-2007, 07:52 PM

<font color="#FF4444">[*] </font> Now this would be quite funny if they actually booked it because I tried it with 3 different cards.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The root problem is that completely rewriting software projects, including sites like this, top to bottom is a bad plan, but feels like it's a great sexy idea to people who don't know better. Lack of testing is obv. the nail in the coffin afterwards, sure, but just redoing an entire site head to toe is just bad. Joel Spolsky wrote a great, well-read piece about this years ago I'm too lazy to look up, it talked about a lot of the initial failure and ineffiency of the Mozilla project.

Having said that, it's not worth being too tough on CR. The remake was a disaster, but they make up for it in so many other ways, and they have been very good and communicative at least, and seem to try to be solving things. They are relatively new to this and I don't think they have a very good tech team behind them, but honestly, as long as the videos keep coming, who can really complain too much. If Gmail or a big msg board or something broke this badly it'd be news, but CR's main function is to provide videos and they're still doing that. As long as they don't do another site rebuild anytime soon without hiring someone experienced to oversee it, they're still tops in my book.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The root problem is that completely rewriting software projects, including sites like this, top to bottom is a bad plan, but feels like it's a great sexy idea to people who don't know better. Lack of testing is obv. the nail in the coffin afterwards, sure, but just redoing an entire site head to toe is just bad. Joel Spolsky wrote a great, well-read piece about this years ago I'm too lazy to look up, it talked about a lot of the initial failure and ineffiency of the Mozilla project.

Having said that, it's not worth being too tough on CR. The remake was a disaster, but they make up for it in so many other ways, and they have been very good and communicative at least, and seem to try to be solving things. They are relatively new to this and I don't think they have a very good tech team behind them, but honestly, as long as the videos keep coming, who can really complain too much. If Gmail or a big msg board or something broke this badly it'd be news, but CR's main function is to provide videos and they're still doing that. As long as they don't do another site rebuild anytime soon without hiring someone experienced to oversee it, they're still tops in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

We did fumble the ball a bit and we're trying to make up for it. Any site launch is bound to have a few bugs and unfortunately we had a bit more than we expected, but with the progress we're making it will be seamless very soon.

We apologize for all delays members have experienced and we assure everyone that all payments made for renewals/subscriptions/etc have been recoded and processed or are being processed as we speak. We will do everything we can to address any concerns or issues people are still having.