Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 09-21-2007, 01:01 PM

Default weird OG, live, TP

This was in a live game at a friend's house. Blinds $.25/.50NL.

Okay, there's an old guy (OG for short) to your left who is basically playing every pot, unless it gets serious. He's upbeat and lively, spewing a non-stop chatter. He's also giving anyone that he can a boatload of crap and generally carrying the table banter. There have been a couple of weird all-ins recently, including his own where you showed a middle pocket pair and they ran it out to show his AK losing - BUT you didn't call. You start into the banter with him and take a couple of shots back at him and he only plays back. He seems to be having a grand time.

Hero is in middle position and squeeze out QJo. Meh, I tossed in the blind. one fold, and OG popped to 3.5BB. Folded around, you call. Q63 rainbow. Hero checks and OG insta-shoves for something like 35 BB.

??? Would he do this with AK or med PP? There's just no way I see him flipping a set here.

sorry for no conversion as this was a live hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: weird OG, live, TP

I call for action, if I was playing 50NL live I'm gonna call this without thinking to show i'm not a nit.

Mack
Old 09-21-2007, 01:10 PM

"OG's look at me and see what they used to be" - 50 Cent.

I dunno. I loled for like 2 minutes after you named villain OG.

As far as the hand goes, I'm not sure what you meant, but if you are implying you open-limped QJo, I hate this move. You are setting yourself up to play a crappy hand out of position. Raise. Is this a cash game or tourney by the way?

I don't know if he'd do this with AK or med PP, but there's no way calling 35BBs with like 8 in pot is correct here. I wouldn't call this with AQ.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:51 PM

it was a live action game. ($.25/.50NL) Heh, I didn't even notice the OG!
I checked the flop to induce a bluff, but I didn't see the all in coming. I tanked for a bit before I made my action. The main reason for considering NOT insta-mucking was that I couldn't tell if he was tilting at all (thus my mentioning the race that was run out). I thought that he MIGHT have KQ. He MAY have flopped bottom two (and yes, he would raise with that PF). Hell, maybe even top two. But either way, I'm seen as a nit in this game and he doesn't like playing in my pots. I think that is probably why he stuck it in. He was c-betting everything. His range is so wide. I felt lost.