Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 10:49 AM

Default 88, This was a big spewage, right?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

no reads
SB: $11.85
Hero (BB): $9.70
UTG: $6.85
BTN: $9.65

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, BTN folds, SB calls $0.05, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.65</font>, UTG calls $0.55, SB calls $0.55

Flop: ($1.95) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.40</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $2.80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $9.05</font>, SB calls $6.25

Turn: ($20.05) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($20.05) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $20.05 ($1 Rake)

Old 08-22-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Re: 88, This was a big spewage, right?

its not spewage as insane spewage but yeah...push or fold flop given the wetness and readless - fold it
Old 08-22-2007, 10:58 AM

prob fold to his minraise here, not much you are beating takes this line
Old 08-22-2007, 11:08 AM

I don't think it's spew. I play it the same against an NL 10 unknown. They can have a wider range than sets only like draws, TP etc.

I don't think he has 2pair here who plays 53 or 75 or 73?Against a heart draw, we have good equity. Against FD + Overcards we flip a coin.Against a set we are a huge underdog.

I am unsure if we should just call and get it in on a safe turn (Would push up our equity against draws). But there are a lot of cards, I don't want to see on the turn.So I am [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2007, 11:55 AM

This is min spewage. You have nothing on me. It may not be the optimum way to play this hand, but I see lots of people play mid PP overs the same way, especially live. You are WA of A7 for instance, but behind or coin flip with many other hands villain would play after being raised. The big flop call and min raise would have slowed me down; if you call the raise, you are basically committing yourself to the hand.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is min spewage. You have nothing on me. It may not be the optimum way to play this hand, but I see lots of people play mid PP overs the same way, especially live. You are WA of A7 for instance, but behind or coin flip with many other hands villain would play after being raised. The big flop call and min raise would have slowed me down; if you call the raise, you are basically committing yourself to the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... I thought i might be way ahead of all the draws, and the only things that are beating me here are 46 or a set, MAYBE a two pair.

and i didnt expect him to call here with FD + Overs, as he could not be sure wether his Overs are clean outs. Also the fact the he limped/cold called made more convinced that this might be a some kind of SC/PP.

Basically i tried to play this hand as if I had Aces, which I would have shoved here aswell, expecting some kind of draws calling me (its 10NL).

But maybe thats one of my leaks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2007, 12:41 PM

I think the flop is usually a fold. If we assign villain a range, we'll see that we're behind here.

Usually a good draw, overpair, or set right?

46, 55, 77, 33, 99, TT, AJs, ATs, KQs, 6h8h......
Old 08-22-2007, 12:42 PM

Its not terrible. Villain dependent. Close.