Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 12:40 AM

Default 100NL live: AA in SB

Playing some 100NL (2/2 blinds) live tonight. Had some huge hands and was up to over $400 when the following came up:

Couple of limpers, shortie goes all-in for $18. Crazy drunk guy to my right on the button min-raises to $36. This guy was just a crazy idiot, making tons of donk raises to $4 and $5 and often cold called raises preflop blind. He has about $400 behind as well. I look down at AA in the SB. I really do not want to take my hand OOP against him as he could have any two at this point, although even the drunk fools can wake up with a big hand. If I let him in cheap, he may outflop me and I doubt I can get away from an overpair, especially against this guy. I've seen him only call small all-in raises with marginal holdings.

What's the optimal play here?
Old 08-05-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: 100NL live: AA in SB

You have to get him to put in more $ pre-flop w/o him folding, Probally raise 2/3 pot or pot.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:27 AM

Make it 100 to go.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:03 AM

To me, 100 doesn't seem to work out quite well. It leaves us with a 1.5 PSB behind if he calls. The guy is a donk, but I'm not sure I'd have faith in him to call a big overbet on the flop, and betting a PSB or less leaves us with little on the turn, which seems just kind of weird. If we make it a little less, like $80ish, then we'll end up with 2 PSBs behind, and we might have better luck getting him to call a 2/3 PSB on the flop followed by our turn push. Plus, he's more likely to call the smaller raise. With deeper stacks, I'd be more inclined to go with 100.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:35 AM

We can bet just slightly more than half pot on the flop, then get the rest in on the turn.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:16 AM

Default Post deleted by Ryan Beal

Old 08-05-2007, 10:19 AM

I don't think this is that hard of a hand. Raise to at least $80 or $90 and then up that as much as you think he will keep calling with the vast majority of his range. Then bet flop for 2/3 - 3/4 pot and put the rest in on the turn, regardless of what falls. (The only exceptions might be KKx, QQx, JJx boards where you might do better check/calling postflop to induce bluffs.)
Old 08-05-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is that hard of a hand. Raise to at least $80 or $90 and then up that as much as you think he will keep calling with the vast majority of his range. Then bet flop for 2/3 - 3/4 pot and put the rest in on the turn, regardless of what falls. (The only exceptions might be KKx, QQx, JJx boards where you might do better check/calling postflop to induce bluffs.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-05-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably not but I was unsure of what to do exactly. This player is a known LAGtard by most people that play at this cardroom and literally he sat down, cold-called raises blind, and flopped the nuts. Obviously I wasn't so much worried about what he had, but MORE worried that he could have any two cards here and he has position on me. Instead of making a raise to $80-100, I just decided to get rid of him now and I pushed. He folded 99 face up. Board came like J-8-4-5-4. Afterwards, he chided me, saying he would have bluffed off chips postflop, blah blah blah. I basically said he'd been running so ridiculously hot (up $300 in a 2/2 game within an hour) I'd rather just not deal with him. Hopefully I will play it better next time, but I was so concerned about him flopping some random 2-pair and busting me that I just wanted him gone, and maybe he wakes up with KK and decides to call anyway.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:49 PM

Raise to $100.

You've killed any odds he has of drawing, so once you do you're committed to the hand. Get it in on the flop and turn and ride the variance wave.