Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Cramer: Bernanke, Wake Up (Funny stuff)

Cramer totaly losses it. Armeggedon approached apparently.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Cramer: Bernanke, Wake Up (Funny stuff)

[ QUOTE ]
Cramer totaly losses it. Armeggedon approached apparently.

[/ QUOTE ]

before the rant realllly gets going the b*tch goes "cramer"

and again "cramer"

like, "cmon dude, CHILLLLL"

then, "ok hold on...here's the thing, i know you're passionate and i hear you but..."

and jim comes in again!!! "YOU CANT GET A DARN LOAN UNLESS YOU'RE RICH LIKE ME"

omg lol

GOLD JERRY GOLD!!!!

he seems to think that if bernanke lowers the rate, the spreads will come in magically.

wowsa.

Barron
Old 08-03-2007, 08:48 PM

Good stuff, I guess Cramer thinks the Fed as a magic wand that can fix all ills.

Anybody think that Erin Burnett looks better than Maria?
Old 08-03-2007, 09:21 PM

That's pretty funny, except for the fact that I'm about to be trying to get a loan. And I'm not rich like him.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:29 PM

the fed can fix everything.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:30 PM

Close, but her hair like dwarfs her body sometimes.

Those numbers that Cramer spouted off are pretty insane (half the people who took out a mortgage in the last 3 years losing their job or 7 million ish). I haven't actually read anywhere that that is the case and if anyone on here has access to some quotes like that I'd like to see it.

I think he's clearly acting a bit, but I was on the conference call with Bear Stearns and the guy definitely said when asked to compare this to the worst of the worst for the market (i.e. the crash and the .com bubble) and he said explicitly that this is the worst he's seen the fixed income market in twenty years.

Up until that point, I rally felt fairly confident about things. Obviously it was apparent that there would be some large mark downs over the next couple months and that there will be some bodies floating in the river along the way, but from the numbers they spouted off it really looked like this was just a hit they would take in stride. It really seemed like although liquidity as a whole was drying up that there was sufficient capital to take a hit.

I dunno, it will be interesting to see what kind of retraction Cramer takes tomorrow. He won't take back what he said but he'll probably apologize for behaving like he did.

I think the long run implications of the fed stomping down the rates may be worse than weathering thise current storm.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Those numbers that Cramer spouted off are pretty insane (half the people who took out a mortgage in the last 3 years losing their job or 7 million ish). I haven't actually read anywhere that that is the case and if anyone on here has access to some quotes like that I'd like to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

From memory it was more to the effect that 14M loans were taken out in the past 3 years with 7M being exotic and he predicted that half of the exotics would lose their home. This is effectively saying a quarter of the loans taken in the past 3 years would be foreclosed. Not as drastic as you say but a wee bit pessimistic none the less.

[ QUOTE ]

I think he's clearly acting a bit, but I was on the conference call with Bear Stearns and the guy definitely said when asked to compare this to the worst of the worst for the market (i.e. the crash and the .com bubble) and he said explicitly that this is the worst he's seen the fixed income market in twenty years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think he wasn't acting (much).

[ QUOTE ]

Up until that point, I rally felt fairly confident about things. Obviously it was apparent that there would be some large mark downs over the next couple months and that there will be some bodies floating in the river along the way, but from the numbers they spouted off it really looked like this was just a hit they would take in stride. It really seemed like although liquidity as a whole was drying up that there was sufficient capital to take a hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking is that he has decided that instead of ridiculously pumping CFC it is time to go the other way and say the sky is falling. Either way I still view him as a sideshow act and give him little credibility. If he tells me the sky is blue, I place one hand on my wallet and look up; just to check.

[ QUOTE ]

I dunno, it will be interesting to see what kind of retraction Cramer takes tomorrow. He won't take back what he said but he'll probably apologize for behaving like he did.

I think the long run implications of the fed stomping down the rates may be worse than weathering thise current storm.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-04-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, it will be interesting to see what kind of retraction Cramer takes tomorrow. He won't take back what he said but he'll probably apologize for behaving like he did

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he came back on about 10-15 minutes after the rant for an unscheduled, impromtu, quicky interview with Ratigan as the market was freefalling. Sort of apologizing saying he didn't mean to say the sky was falling.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:09 AM

I am a Brit, if America catches a cold we are going to get the plague. All the structures that have led to the current wobble we have in spades.

We have a gargantuan housing bubble, with massive amounts of personal debt (highest in developed world) which has been obtained on the premise that house prices only ever go up amirite with alot of people resorting to mews (mortgage equity withdrawals) which also has been exacerbated by massive speculation in the housing market and huge armies of BTLs (buy to lets). Also many have taken out 100% interest mortgages on the amirite premise.

Interest rates have risen 5 times this year to 5.75% and a rise to 6% is almost guaranteed with 6.25% not looking unlikely as inflation is rising aggressively. Repossessions are at a 5 year high and increased 30% last month.

In about 2-3 months hundreds of thousands of mortgages are going to be reset from as low as 3% to somewhere between 6.5-8%.

This means rental yields from BTL will be hit massively. If this plus a sell off single home owners from those unable to meet new payment levels leads to significant house price falls this will hit the UK economy so hard I wouldnt rule out a full blown depression.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody think that Erin Burnett looks better than Maria?

[/ QUOTE ]

God yes, and it's not close. I actually saw Bartiromo in person once and she is attractive enough but the whole money honey thing is just way overdone.

Becky Quick is not bad either. I saw a poll somewhere and I think the rankings were Becky and Erin solidly at #1 and #2 and I forget beyond that. Maria was in the peloton.