Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 04:53 PM

Default live HU .25/.50nl for the kill

Villain and I have a long history, but haven't played much recently. He used to bluff all of the time and c-bet 70% of the pot 70% of the time regardless of the boards. I don't think he's a 2+2'er, but he kills the local 1/2nl game with ease. The history is that I taught him how to play cards and now he is a low-stakes grinder on Stars (I think). Anyway, we were sitting in his home game. Several others had left and we were winding down for the night.

Hero dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB

Button raises to $1.25, Hero calls.

pot $2.50, flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets $1.50, Villain raises to $4.00, Hero.....?

I think I'm a dog to a set or something like K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] with a T and a fav to everything else he could have.

Thoughts?
Old 07-31-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: live HU .25/.50nl for the kill

oh, I might add that this home game is usually on level two thinking and hits three on occasion. Whenever any of us go to the 1/2nl game, we usually hit the town hard with all of the profits.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: live HU .25/.50nl for the kill

lol, I totally forgot my read! He has this nasty habit of making weird shoves with high-card or a single pair at the end of the night to bust on the tall stack. And I had it that night with around $50. He had something like $30.

His PF raise means jack btw, other than maybe getting info on me. When he raised the flop, I put him on some off T and is trying to get it in.