Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Deep stack vs super donk - sick river decision

Okay so, villain is super-donk. 70/40/2. just a few hands prior i snapped off a big bluff he made on the river after missing a flush draw. i called him down w/ TP2K. Then this hand comes up...

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $62.60
Hero (BB): $236.30
UTG: $101.00
MP: $46.50
CO: $326.00
BTN: $210.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $3.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.00</font>, CO calls $7.00

Flop: ($20.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $16.00</font>, CO calls $16.00

Turn: ($52.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $35.00</font>, CO calls $35.00

River: ($122.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $65.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $265.00</font>

Pot Size: $452.50
Old 06-24-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Deep stack vs super donk - sick river decision

bump ..
Old 06-24-2007, 08:14 PM

Would make it 11 preflop, 45 atleast on the turn and as played VB river bigger, maybe a hundo straight up.

As played i dont think you can call. The only thing you beat now probably is jacks or kings with a heart, and donks think they look way to good to be bluffed with.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:17 PM

Very very read dependent imo. With the read you specified I think it's a call. Without a read it's a fold.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:21 PM

If you're not folding then fire the turn and river for pot. He's never folding an A. By betting small and calling all in you are making much less when you're ahead but still getting stacked by a better hand.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:21 PM

One question that comes to mind is how hard does he bet mediocre hands, and could he raise here with trips aces weaker kicker.

Only draw on the flop is the flush draw which made on the turn. So the only other hand (other than trip aces) to put him on is a stone bluff or maybe an 8 to begin with that turned into a bluff (that you beat). So if you have seen him make crazy plays (like weird stone bluffs or betting medicore hands hard), before than maybe it is worth a call. (but more crazy than bluffing busted flush draw).
Old 06-24-2007, 08:24 PM

Just because you called him down recently with TP2K does not mean it's good here. I'll assume you mean he was leading the whole way and you kept calling his bluffs. That's much different than what you have here. You have shown strength on all streets - reraising preflop, no matter how dumb he is, he's gotta think you have something good. If he's gonna try to move you off something like KK, he would have tried earlier imo. You are most likely looking at aces full or a flush. Who knows - he might have 44.
If you think he is capable of coming over the top in situations like this with regularity, and you don't want to play for all your chips here, you should consider check-calling the turn and river, as you will probably win a similarly-sized pot without risking your stack.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:34 PM

** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Marshall28 [Kh Qh]
jimbo10186: folds
Shade17: calls $1
Sh@i'tan: folds
dave4safc: calls $1
Marshall28: raises $5 to $6
jisoo: folds
Shade17: calls $5
dave4safc: folds
*** FLOP *** [7s 9c Qc]
Marshall28: bets $9
Shade17: calls $9
*** TURN *** [7s 9c Qc] [9h]
Marshall28: bets $22
Shade17: calls $22
*** RIVER *** [7s 9c Qc 9h] [Jh]
Marshall28: checks
Shade17: bets $50
Marshall28: calls $50
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Shade17: shows [Ac 4c] (a pair of Nines)
Marshall28: shows [Kh Qh] (two pair, Queens and Nines)

that was the calldown i made a few hands prior.

i really dont have enough experience playing deepstacked so i dont exactly know what to look for in order to determine if hes capable of overshoving here w/ a weaker made hand.

i dont know if i can determine he would based on the info gained from the hand in this post... can you?
Old 06-25-2007, 03:30 AM

I think betting that river is a mistake. Check/call any decent sized bet I think is good, folding to massive overbets which are usually fullhouses. You don't beat the flush, so why are you betting 1/2 pot on the river? Blocking? If so when you are raised you have to fold. I like getting to a cheap showdown as your hand is so very hard to fold.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think betting that river is a mistake. Check/call any decent sized bet I think is good.

I agree with this line.