Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 06-14-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Instead of a silly poll....

[ QUOTE ]
Would they be nuclear winter across the whole globe if they had a nuclear war in the puny old Middle East? Because if not I don't really care.

[/ QUOTE ]

it might be a long term winter politically for the attackers.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would they be nuclear winter across the whole globe if they had a nuclear war in the puny old Middle East? Because if not I don't really care.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody already hates us anyway.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:24 AM

- Millions of would-be martyrs for the religion of peace would get their wish and the religion might finally be at peace.

- It would break the back of the energy market in the US and allow enough chaos to truly develop an energy supply NOT based on giving money to fanatics who want to kill you.

- We could drop all the ridiculous pretenses about partnering with third world throwbacks and just conquer the oil fields.

- There would be a run on virgins in paradise. I could potentially make deal with God to found a religion based on virgin suicide to alleviate the shortage. I might be able to get immortality out of the deal.

- Resulting wars and food shortages would provide a means of dealing with a population problem that is totally beyond control.

- We would finally be able to stop supporting Isreal.

- An opportunity to solve the immigration dilemma would exist in the impressment of all illegal military aged immigrants into military service.

- We solve the prison problem by releasing 3 million prison gang members into the fallout belts.

- The American taxpayer finally gets their money's worth by getting to employ billions of dollars worth of military know how and equipment that is presently unutilized by gutless-spineless-brainless politicos.

- An entire population of spoiled cry-babies gets to grow up by finally having to face real hardship.

- The American political landscape can finally be united in the name of fighting off the whole planet.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:11 AM

Great post. You did not disappoint ExSub Man. Few have the bravery or gusto to be honest. Bravo.

-Zeno
Old 06-16-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody already hates us anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see it so easy. people and governments don't like current US foreign policy, but they can tolerate it anyway and i'd say at least 80% of countries hope something will change in a year and a half. either dem or rep, it doesn't matter, they just wish a complete U-turn in foreign policy.
however, nuking other country is another story and cannot be tolerated. just some thoughts what probably would happen in case of such a scenario:
- it would be very bad for USA-EU relationship and would fasten up european need for its own military organization outside NATO. it would be very bad for NATO. those defense shields in europe would never be built.
- it would be very bad for USA-muslim countries relations all around the world. it might trigger their need for stepping closer into establishing their organization. no doubt US-friendly parties in those countries would lose enormously and US-hate parties would gain.
- it would be very bad for USA-latin america relations. it would force SA countries stepping closer - very bad on a long term for the USA. US friendly parties in those countries would lose enormously, leftism in SA would continue and chavez-like dictators would get more power.
- it would be very bad for USA-russia and USA-china relations. no doubt that would trigger their need for closer ties, their need for weakening USA politically and no doubt they would succeed.
- it would be very bad for nowadays US-friendly administrations around the world (australia for example) - those parties would lost their chance for returning into power for a longer period.
- it would be very bad for US-key countries in the middle east region - devastating for pakistan, extremely bad for egypt, turkey, lots of troubles for saudi arabia. turkey would probably try to solve their problems in kurdistan, which is against US interests again.
- it would be extremely bad for situation in iraq, bad for afghanistan.
- beside some not important islands, US would get a support for attack by only one country. no need to explain how bad that would be.
- israel wouldn't be safer/stronger. it wouldn't be just a question of iran/hezbollah anymore.
- no doubt it would be extremely bad for rising muslim extremism all around the globe.

does anyone believe the US would become stronger politically by nuking iran and how do you explain that?
Old 06-17-2007, 03:37 PM

Thanks, Zeno. I appreciate that.

You can always find a silver lining to a dark cloud. I figured that if things were beyond saving, why not have some fun with it.... I hope I captured the intent of your thread.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:42 PM

Well, to be sure, I'm not an advocate of nuclear war. The end of WWII was different than the scenario we are now facing. At the end of the war, no one was going to be around who could match us economically and get together against us. Nuking Iran proactively would be the worst choice, which is what makes the whole thing so bad. You have to wait on them to move first. But even worse, if you did take proactive action, the whole world gangs up on you and you end up furthering support for their ambitions. Iran wants control of the middle east. This does not address the destruction of Isreal rhetoric, which is just a pretext. The Persians feel they are the most enlightened and evolved of all the Muslims and I am inclined to agree with them. Problem is, we have alliances with throwbacks and they are geographically very close to our two biggest adversaries, China and the USSR.