Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Is poker a profession?

[ QUOTE ]
Ask him or anyone that knows him personally. By the way I`ve looked over some of your recent stuff here on 2 + 2. You certainly have more troll tendencies than I do. And you don`t seem to know anything about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's a real insult coming from you - a guy who can't handle something as simple as an apostrophe or raise 20 bucks (I like how you backed down pretty quickly when DS wanted to take you up on your own challenge). If you were looking for content posts you could run a search in PT... you obviously didn't look very hard because while I do post in other forums, I'm in PT regularly. Meanwhile, you're posting crap like this in your first handful of posts - okay so you apologized (after I said something about it), but WTF did you do it for in the first place - just to be an ass?

As far as this thread, game selection FTW. It's how it is.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ask him or anyone that knows him personally. By the way I`ve looked over some of your recent stuff here on 2 + 2. You certainly have more troll tendencies than I do. And you don`t seem to know anything about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's a real insult coming from you - a guy who can't handle something as simple as an apostrophe or even raise 20 bucks (I like how you backed down pretty quickly when DS wanted to take you up on your own challenge). If you were looking for content posts you could run a search in PT... you obviously didn't look very hard because while I do post in other forums, I'm in PT regularly. Meanwhile, you're posting crap like this in your first handful of posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gonso,

The exact quote

One other thing. I'd be lucky to be able to come up with $20 let alone $20k. See you at Bellagio.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Winning at poker is possible because your opponents play bad. What kind of profession is that? It`s not a profession. It`s just a game and as such should be treated as one.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if poker is not a profession because you only win because your opponents play bad then I am going to assume that Basketball,baseball,football, hockey, and any other sport i can think of are not professionals either because lets face it, you cant win if the other team plays better than you..Am I correct vintage, or am i just missing something?
Old 05-17-2007, 04:39 PM

Yeah I saw that Mike.

Cliff notes: He was offering a wager to Sklansky that he couldn't explain Nash Equilibrium, and was going to lay him 5 to 1 or 3 to 1 or something... anyway DS called him on it, and suddenly he backed down and basically got put in his place. That has to be embarrassing.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:50 PM

Hi Gonso

[ QUOTE ]
Why? Because I am right about most things. And in this case I am absolutely right.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you argue with someone that is right about most things.

OP has been around before.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:53 PM

Remember Splawndarts? Everytime someone says that I think of Splawndarts. He was okay with apostrophes at least even if he couldn't spell. I'm sure we've seen OP before... I can't recall who had that weird habit though.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:00 PM

I think Renereal is the guy who couldn't figure out apostrophes and had this same strange second language-esqe diction.

But renereal only championed "big bet" poker, and then a subsequent reincarnation of him (shymolove) introduced us to the wonders of H.A.G./ F.A.G. poker. Kind of had a weird one track existence per screenname.

In any event, this is not a poker theory question.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:31 PM

I remember Renereal, lol, every other post was "limit players have no guts", like he just finished watching Rounders for the 1,000th time. Turned out he was a micro stakes NL donk for all his talk. Don't know the other guy
Old 05-17-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember Renereal, lol, every other post was "limit players have no guts", like he just finished watching Rounders for the 1,000th time. Turned out he was a micro stakes NL donk for all his talk. Don't know the other guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt the same guy, op seems to have more on the ball than Renereal
Old 05-17-2007, 06:39 PM

That's not saying much, but no this isn't renereal