Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 06:02 PM

Default politics posters in OOT really suck

Nothing else to say here. I can tell who they are even though I have never read the politics forum.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: politics posters in OOT really suck

they mentioned an invasion of bbv4l...I am not looking forward to iron81's refugees.

btw, what is happening to all the politics mods? are they still going to be mods?
Old 04-29-2007, 09:06 PM

I'm guessing Jman will be a mod w/o forum. RR still has a job in B&M and [censored] still has a job in EDF. Nick, you of course have your normal * and ban remedies if people are being tards.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:23 PM

Iron - do you ever have the feeling that the politics forum is more trouble than its worth? Or do you still feel it has a redeeming value at 2+2? I trust your opinion.

I'm asking because I really don't know what its like there, I avoid reading that forum because I don't like the personas of most of the regular posters. From the outside looking in it seems as if the majority of posters there either don't contribute in a positive way to the rest of the forum, or lean to extremist ideals. Educate me (us?) please. Thanks.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:30 PM

TT, Find the politics posters in this thread without looking at their recent posts. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...0&fpart=all . There style of posting (IMO) is incredibly annoying.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT, Find the politics posters in this thread without looking at their recent posts. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...0&fpart=all . There style of posting (IMO) is incredibly annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick - I agree. In my limited experiance with Politics posters they are the worst that the site has to offer. Thats why I asked Iron this question, but I would trust his opinion if he thinks the forum still has redeeming value. Its the posters we should be cracking down on in the end of course, not the forum as a whole - but if the forum doesn't have redeeming value to 2+2 in Irons eyes then obviously it shouldn't continue to exist - after all it has nothing to do with poker.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Iron - do you ever have the feeling that the politics forum is more trouble than its worth? Or do you still feel it has a redeeming value at 2+2? I trust your opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel it has redeeming value. I know this because I'm willing to spend my time keeping everyone happy and about a quarter of my posting contribution is in Politics. There are a lot of intelligent people in there and I find I have learned a lot about the world by reading Politics, although I'm probably more interested in current events than most people here.

I frequently see Politics posters floating anonymously among other users in other forums all the time without causing problems. You have to remember that if you see troublemakers in your forums without knowing who the Politics regulars are, you are suffering from selection bias.

To be honest, this thread is the first time I've heard of a Politics regular causing trouble outside of Politics and ATF. To test Nick's theory that Politics regulars are causing trouble, I invite you guys who aren't familiar with Politics to find the troublemakers in that thread and compare it to the list of Politics regulars I'm posting in white. Compare this to the troublemakers not on the list:
<font color="white">Snowball, Phill S, adsman, Felix_Nietsche, 2/325Falcon, ShakeZula06, Assani Fisher, Case Closed (easy one), bkholdem , HeavilyArmed, latefordinner, </font>
Old 04-29-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel it has redeeming value. I know this because I'm willing to spend my time keeping everyone happy and about a quarter of my posting contribution is in Politics. There are a lot of intelligent people in there and I find I have learned a lot about the world by reading Politics, although I'm probably more interested in current events than most people here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iron - your response reads more like an explanation why it has redeeming value for you rather than for 2+2 (a valid argument, but not quite what i was looking for). Can you revise your explanation to show how it brings value to 2+2 as a whole - no poker content necessary of course.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:46 PM

In that case, Politics has value for the same reason as all of the other OT forums: the topics covered are a mixture of interesting and important and they drive traffic. I've always felt that a forum's value to 2+2 could be measured by its traffic and the Politics post count is usually around 15th overall, not a high traffic forum, but an important piece.

But more importantly, people are always complaining about how young people are cynical and apathetic and we in Politics are doing our part to prove that there is a world outside of women and poker.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:55 PM

I think politics will be valuable with the upcoming election, but between election years I see no real value to it.