Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: 9/18 live - River trips check raise

3bet the flop and if mp caps thats fine, third player will cold call again which is good...
check the turn ui...

if i 3bet the flop i would lead a spade/A, and c/r a 2...
Old 01-26-2007, 07:02 PM

Okay - thanks for the feedback, it is much appreciated.

Results in white:

<font color="white"> I checked river, MP2 bets, CO calls, I raise, MP2 scratches his head confused, and calls with his last 5 chips. CO folds.

15.4 BB

I show trip deuces/ace kicker, MP2 mucks and heads for the ATM. </font>

AB
Old 01-26-2007, 07:17 PM

I 3-bet the flop since you have tons of equity, but the river C/R is sexy the way you played it.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:53 AM

Haha AlienBoy... you have glasses and long hair?

this hand was against me. You got a bit lucky there but i dont know why you misread me so bad. I had you the whole way except when you check raise me on the river... who could put u on a 2 , betting out your flush draw. I played it well except for the fact that I didnt fold after you check raised.

Too funny. Early in the session you were making loose calls and complaining when you paid off other players. Then the deck hit you pretty well... i always wonder who are the 2+2 players at the 9/18.

Edit:

BB - is asian typical commerce reg. LAG. Although the deck hit him pretty hard in the beggining and he was up like 3 racks.

mp2(me) - I can fold post flop except when i flop the nut flush draw and getting sick odds. I hit 0 of my draws that night.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha AlienBoy... you have glasses and long hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

And the Marvin the Martian card protector (like my Avatar...)

[ QUOTE ]

this hand was against me.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I thought you might be a 2+2er. I was watching your play from the moment we started that table.

[ QUOTE ]

You got a bit lucky there but i dont know why you misread me so bad. I had you the whole way except when you check raise me on the river... who could put u on a 2 ,

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the sheer beauty of it...

[ QUOTE ]

betting out your flush draw. I played it well except for the fact that I didnt fold after you check raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

How bad did I misread you? I put you on a high pocket pair, and I know you had me the whole way (as indicated in my OP) I had a good draw ( and you and one other in the pot) - what did you have? I was thinking you had AA, KK, QQ, JJ.

You played it exactly correct from your point of view.

Folding these games for 1 bet HU is often enough wrong - you'd be surprised how many times I call for one bet HU with mid pair, and when I call the bettor just MUCKS. I see it alot at 9/18 (never at 6/12 and lower of course). If the pot is big and it HU it's usually better to lose one bet than lose the whole pot.

So, it was only a mistake in the "theory of poker" sense. If you were still reading me as "loose" then I might have been bluffing...

[ QUOTE ]

Too funny. Early in the session you were making loose calls

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see why? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

and complaining when you paid off other players. Then the deck hit you pretty well... i always wonder who are the 2+2 players at the 9/18.

[/ QUOTE ]

Early in the session I was getting nice hands like flopping aces up - though the mistake in that hand was that I bet the river, and should have checked (mis read that asian guy and the frush).

Note that early in a session, paying off, and complaining about getting sucked out (or making a bad call) helps stick in peoples minds that I call down, and that prevents bluffing at me.

[ QUOTE ]

BB - is asian typical commerce reg. LAG. Although the deck hit him pretty hard in the beggining and he was up like 3 racks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with him before - he's pretty decent post flop and knows who to exploit. I don't see him reach into his pocket much, but I do see him rack up and leave when up 400-600. I really hated him on my left, but I know what to expect and he's not impossible to push off.

I guess he's LAG in that he plays alot of hand PF, but he's pretty tight and a good reader post flop.

Guys like that can do okay when there are guys like that dude in seat 7 at the start of the session, or that guy that was in seat one when I was leaving who must have been retarded - I would have stayed if it looked like he had more money, but he seemed nearly broke...

[ QUOTE ]

mp2(me) - I can fold post flop except when i flop the nut flush draw and getting sick odds. I hit 0 of my draws that night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got it... Wasn't sure what was going on there. I was in that same seat at that table the day before and was stuck as well, getting sucked out on or good draws never making it.

I saw you playing very TAG preflop, but you rarely showed down, so I couldn't pin down your play. Makes sense to hear it now.

And remember that perceptions are an odd thing - you mention that I was playing "loose" - though I think I only played 6-7 hands in the first hour.

The only trash I really remember playing was J7s.

I have my own starting hand card based on real world EV, and I don't think I played any others in my "trash" category last night (basically 44, K6s, Q8s, and down).

Meanwhile I only saw you play maybe 15-20 hands... Not a huge amount to go on, eh?

AB
Old 01-27-2007, 08:49 PM

I really did not want to sit down at that table. I was on the list when they opened a new table, but would much rather play a going table. Better to play an existing table since people are tired,probably tilting from the bad beats, etc. I was looking around for open seats and couldn't find any, so i sat at the new table. Therefore I missed much of the early action.

In this particular hand I figured i was ahead the whole time except for the check raise. I had JJ btw. I was going to fold but i decided to pay off with my last chips for info.

So early in the session when you were complaining about being suckout/beaten where you really upset? Or trying to generate a table image. I thought you were really upset and it seemed to effect your play.

I like what you said about perception. I have played three days in a row at the 9/18 and notice how lots of players don;t really see the whole picture. They feel great when there flush draw gets there, but when someone else hits on them, they feel suckout and blame the dealer. There is alot of loose gamblers there, and its tiring to hear them complain all they are the only ones to get bad beats. Its all perspective.

take care,
Christian

ps- what does CO mean??
Old 01-27-2007, 10:39 PM

assuming he's aggressive on the river when draws miss and he holds a strong made hand, I like a river check-raise here.

Also 3-bet on the flop, you want to sink the other two guys in as you have a great odds %.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really did not want to sit down at that table. I was on the list when they opened a new table, but would much rather play a going table. Better to play an existing table since people are tired,probably tilting from the bad beats, etc. I was looking around for open seats and couldn't find any, so i sat at the new table. Therefore I missed much of the early action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean - I prefer sitting into going games:

1) You can see who's deep and who's short; get a feel for who's tilting and who's rushing.

2) As a new player you have more fold equity for your first orbit or two, unless you're well known.

3) If there's more than one seat open, you have better positional choices. It's hard to choose a seat in a new game.

[ QUOTE ]

In this particular hand I figured i was ahead the whole time except for the check raise. I had JJ btw. I was going to fold but i decided to pay off with my last chips for info.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, it's not a bad call here considering the pot size, given your read of me as "loose" - a loose player might try a C/raise with TPTK when the board pairs to try and steal. I think this is the first C/raise I've done in a month.

[ QUOTE ]

So early in the session when you were complaining about being suckout/beaten where you really upset? Or trying to generate a table image. I thought you were really upset and it seemed to effect your play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think my play was effected - and I'm not sure which hands you mean specifically.

The only early one I remember is when I flopped top 2 (aces up), and the other guy made the frush - against him I should have checked - my bet/call was lame, but I didn't think of the frush, was instead thinking of something else (put him on a strong A).

[ QUOTE ]

I like what you said about perception. I have played three days in a row at the 9/18 and notice how lots of players don;t really see the whole picture. They feel great when there flush draw gets there, but when someone else hits on them, they feel suckout and blame the dealer. There is alot of loose gamblers there, and its tiring to hear them complain all they are the only ones to get bad beats. Its all perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Commerce 9/18 plays like 4/8 alot of the time!

Still there are usually enough decent players that perception is helpful. Unlike in 4/8 which plays more like bingo and perception is near pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]ps- what does CO mean??

[/ QUOTE ]

CO means the "Cut Off" it is the seat to the immediate right of the button.

To the right of the CO is sometimes called the Hijack, or MP3

Nice to meet you - say "Sup' Bro" next time lol

Cheers

AB
Old 01-30-2007, 01:24 AM

Sounds good boss.

Though i though you said you played 5 hours a week? That week i played 3 days in a row, because i had a break before school started.

Take Care,
Christian