Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 03:21 PM

Default 9/18 Live - 99 rivers boat - sexy?

Commerce 9/18. I'm in seat 8, fortunately a fish finally joins the game in seat 1. Tight, fairly strong player in seat 4 is main villain for this hand.

Hero in mp1 position with 99.

A limp or two to me, Hero raises, fold, fish calls, villain on button calls.

Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hmmm. I think the fish will call anything here - and I doubt button has an ace either . Hero bets.

Fish calls, button raises - my read on villain is he does not have an ace, and is semi bluffing something. I should mention that Button and one other tight player have been testing me on flops (due to my aggression) by raising my flop bets when I'm first in. Several times they've folded to my 3-bet. This feels like another "test" raise - my plan is to play back and 3/bet, but consider a fold if button caps - ideally, fish calls (fish has been calling 3 bets since he sat down).

Fish folds. Drat, but button stops, thinks and only calls. I'm certain he does not have an ace now. I'm even more certain that he thinks I do.

Turn: blank

Hero bets. Villain still ponders here. He's feeling pretty weak to me. He calls. This villain is able to lay down decent hands on the river when he thinks he's beat.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero?

If villain was on a flush draw with Kx[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], he'll bet if I check. Is this a good place for a sexy?

But he's been acting so weak though that I think it's better to bet out here.

Thoughts?

AB
Old 01-25-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: 9/18 Live - 99 rivers boat - sexy?

My first instinct was to C/R, and then I thought betting might be best, but now I think that C/R might still be the right play, yet again.

Your opponent isn't a moron, as you said, and will very likely only pay you off with a small PP or a FD. He probably has a PP or high suited cards if he's cold-calling your raise. My guess he has a FD, and contemplated capping the flop, but thinks that you might have an A.

I think he'll only call your river bet with a flush, but he might call the C/R with the same flush.

He might try to bluff a smaller PP that he would have folded had you bet as well.

I think he'll call a bet or a C/R with a flush (C/R gets us two bets), but he won't call a bet with a PP that he might bluff with.

I hate being OOP. I think betting might be better now. Dammit.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:43 PM

bah, I think betting is better here... the problem with checking is that he probably checks behind with a lot of hands he would call one more bet with. You also miss value from a flush that you could b/threebet. Will he raise with a flush?
Old 01-25-2007, 04:01 PM

bang/3bang the river.

If I have the K-high flush, I know I'm only losing to AA and A9 on the river, and I'm raising if you bet.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bah, I think betting is better here... the problem with checking is that he probably checks behind with a lot of hands he would call one more bet with. You also miss value from a flush that you could b/threebet. Will he raise with a flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently not - I bet, he *called* with the flush (J high I think - he flashed to to me quickly before mucking).

AB
Old 01-25-2007, 06:00 PM

im betting the river here all the way. If he has a flush you will probably get in 3 bets.

Other then the flush you are looking at mid to low PP, and that is a easy check for him.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:30 PM

haven't read thread yet. b/3b.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats gay. and by gay i actually mean homosexual. still b/tbet i think.

Apparently not - I bet, he *called* with the flush (J high I think - he flashed to to me quickly before mucking).

AB

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-26-2007, 01:00 AM

I lead this river, and hope u can get 3bets in if he hit his flush.