Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 12-23-2006, 03:32 PM

Default Hand percentage chart?

Was curious if anyone knew of a chart that listed the hands from best to worst, then listed a percentage of the time those hands are dealt ...

for example..

AA - a%
KK - a+b%
QQ - a+b+c%
AKs - a+b+c+d%

etc ..

just curious as it would help to put a more definite range on peoples hands given PFR%

to make it clear ... when i use the addition symbol, i mean to include the previous hands which figure to be better.. so like the percentage of the time QQ-AA is dealt ... and so on down to the percentage AK, AQ, AA-88. hopefully that makes sense

thanks.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Hand percentage chart?

The only thing I can think of is that in PokerStove, you can specify certain percentage of all preflop hands and it gives you the corresponding hand range.

The problem with this though is that I think is that when it finds the top X% of hands, it selects the ones that have the most showdown equity against a random hand. This has limitations because this isn't exactly the criteria that people use for raising hands preflop. I don't have PokerStove to hand (not at home) but say if someone had a 20% PFR, the PokerStove range might return A8o but not 44 although this player would be more likely to raise with 44 for example.

If you want to do it yourself, then just use the respective probabilties of being dealt a specific hand and add them in a spreasheet. A specific pocket pair is 0.4525%, a specific unpaired hand is 1.207% and a specific unpaired suited hand is 0.30166%.