Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 07:43 AM

Default UK full-time players - getting a mortgage?

Hi all,

I am currently trying to buy a place with a friend (both first time buyers) and am in the situation where I am trying to find a mortgage lender.

If anyone has any info regarding aquireing a mortgage as a full time poker player i would very much appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:13 AM

Default Re: UK full-time players - getting a mortgage?

I'm really not sure that you'll be able to get a mortgage with your only income poker. You're better off saving up.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:13 AM

Hi

Self-certification should be okay and is probably your only chance. You need a decent deposit and pay a little more interest but they don't care about your job.

chez
Old 10-10-2006, 05:18 AM

chezlaw - any further info on this? I got a mortgage last year just before I quit my job to go pro. But Im looking to upgrade to a bigger property next year and am in the same boat now as OP.

I remember reading somewhere that Julian Gardner got his mortgage simply because of his relation with the bank ie. they knew him and knew what he did but they put "IT consultant" or something on his forms.

What is this "self-certification" and do you know where I can get more info on it? Thanks
Old 10-10-2006, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
chezlaw - any further info on this? I got a mortgage last year just before I quit my job to go pro. But Im looking to upgrade to a bigger property next year and am in the same boat now as OP.

I remember reading somewhere that Julian Gardner got his mortgage simply because of his relation with the bank ie. they knew him and knew what he did but they put "IT consultant" or something on his forms.

What is this "self-certification" and do you know where I can get more info on it? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
Google - there's tons of info. A lot of major lendors offer them.

chez
Old 10-11-2006, 01:19 AM

I'm a loan agent with a nationwide mortgage company in the US. If things are the same in the UK your lender can go "stated" and state your income and job without verification. There are different types of loans available to you, for instance if you can show banks statements proving your income you can get a "stated-wage earner loan", which will get you a lower rate than a standard "stated-stated" loan. It can get complicated, but you will qualify for a loan, contact someone in your country for details. Breaktwister, if you're in the US pm me and I'll be happy to take care of a fellow 2+2er.