Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 02:15 AM

Default 10/20 2 Hands, probably pretty straightforward but I\'m a N00B

I am making the transition to higher limits / tighter games so I am somewhat new to HU pots, pretty sure these are straightforward but it's always good to hear it from someone else.

Villian is tight and pretty aggressive in position but reasonable. Since I had the A of spades I was thinking he may have had K2 on the flop. This led me to believe there was some value in c/r the turn since I likely had quite a few scoopers and he may not have any.

Party Poker
Limit Omaha Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Results:
Final pot: 11BB

Villian is a little loose and pretty bad post-flop. I am assuming the flop peel is OK. I was actually planning on folding to a turn brick, was that wrong? Once I picked up a FD on turn I was planning on showing down regardless, fortunately the miracle card came anyway.

Party Poker
Limit Omaha Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
4 folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3SB, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2.5BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Results:
Final pot: 6.5BB
Old 08-09-2006, 02:23 AM

Default Re: 10/20 2 Hands, probably pretty straightforward but I\'m a N00B

Hand 1: I think you are better off 3betting
flop and betting out on turn, if you are hoping
villain folds (which I would be), because
he is most likely splitting the pot. I don't
think villain will ever fold to a checkraise on
the turn, and will rarely fold the river for 1bet.

Hand 2: Since you complete the action I think a
call here is fairly easy. I would play it the same.
If I was facing a larger field or more bets I would
lay it down.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:29 AM

Default Re: 10/20 2 Hands, probably pretty straightforward but I\'m a N00B

Hi Bishop22,

Hand 1 is decent until the river, which is a check-call. You are not getting more than half as often as you are scooped here. As wiseheart said, 3-betting the flop and leading the turn is probably better than what you did, but only by a little, and the reasoning is long, so I'm not giving it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hand 2 you played a little too passively IMO. I would lead the flop, in order to force out lots of better high hands that can't call. You can lead the turn as well, into 1 opponent, since you are likely freerolling or at least have an equity edge--A4 or A5 would've almost certainly raised you on the flop. When you pick up all those high outs on the turn, lead again. River played itself, obv--lead is better than c/r, since the hands that bet if you check probably raise as well, and you 3-bet.