Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 07:12 PM

Default Re: New Stars Tourney? ($5.50 NLHE 2500 chips 30 minute levels)

[ QUOTE ]
You only start with an M of 33.33 compared to an M of 50 in the regular structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre entirely missing the point, the slower blind levels allow actually much more play in the middle-late levels of the tourney, when skill should really matter.

it shocks me that so many people automatically assume that "more chips and smaller blinds" mean a more skillful tournament, completely ignoring how those blinds progress.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:36 PM

Yeah, after I made the post I kinda realized that. I didn't go and figure out how much better it will be in the mid levels.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You only start with an M of 33.33 compared to an M of 50 in the regular structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre entirely missing the point, the slower blind levels allow actually much more play in the middle-late levels of the tourney, when skill should really matter.

it shocks me that so many people automatically assume that "more chips and smaller blinds" mean a more skillful tournament, completely ignoring how those blinds progress.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a long post on P5s from the 'good' players complaining about this structure. While it is nice in the middle section, it really wouldn't hurt starting it a bit deeper, or starting with lower blinds - this would make it less crapshooty early on, and keep the nice level of play throughout the mtt
Old 08-07-2006, 07:43 PM

Wouldn't the structure basically be the DS structure then?
Old 08-07-2006, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a long post on P5s from the 'good' players complaining about this structure. While it is nice in the middle section, it really wouldn't hurt starting it a bit deeper, or starting with lower blinds - this would make it less crapshooty early on, and keep the nice level of play throughout the mtt

[/ QUOTE ]

Like a 25/25??