Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2006, 09:38 AM

Default Free Hand History Replayer

Hi.
<warning>
"i'm french, please forgive my laguage mistakes"
</warning>

If you need a free Hand History replayer tool, i've made one. Took me 4 months, but i think it was worth doing it. I've been sharing it with the french community, but i thought i could share it with every one else as well( I internationalized it ).
This tool mainly aims at replaying HH from various poker rooms with a nice graphical environment, very ( very ) much inspired from the one you actually get when you use your favorite poker room ( check the screenshots below ). It's currently working with all HH from Poker Stars, Party Poker, Everest Poker and all Cryptologic Network rooms ( Betfair, Willhill, InterPoker, Sun, etc... ). My objective being to extend the compatibility range to many other room pretty soon ( UB, paradise, poker room, full tilt, etc... )
The general principle is to translate all those HH into a single, standard format ( XML ). This way, you can easily share HH with people that don't necessaraly play on the same room you do. They are even "editing options" that allows you to comment a specific action, or the whole hand, or to highlight a particular hand, so that people you share the hand with get easier reading.
I've developped many features such as graphics ( chips / M count ), filters, pot odds display, etc.., and even an export option designed for PHPBB forum users (use "OPC options in exporters list). It exports the Hand you selected ( throught filtering, for example ) into BBCode you can directly post ( it retrives the tiny suit pictures ). It may save a great amount of time for those willing to share a big report on a long tourney.

Anyway, the link below gets you to my blog's page ( translated in english ) dedicated to this tool.

Popopop Player

And here is a couple screenshots.
Hope you'll like it.

Old 08-03-2006, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Free Hand History Replayer

Wow! This looks great. Welcome to the board.

A lot of people have been looking for a better HH tool. One thing we all want, though, is the ability to overlay Pokerace stats. Does your software have this functionality?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:40 AM

Do you have the app in English also? Currently it's in French and I don't see a way to convert to English?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:07 AM

Damn it. I suck. I internationalized it, and that doesn't work ? Did you test it or are you saying this because the screenshots are actually in french ?
The player is supposed to detect that your "Locale" is "english", and use the english translation...

Anyway... I'm fixing this, and when you see this message, you may download it again. Please, let me know if that fixed the pb.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:16 AM

thx.

I don't know very well what pokerace offers. But as far as I know, it's a HUD stuff right ?. I didn't know it supplied stats as well. I mean I thought poker tracker did.
My player is unfortunalty, for now, not "linkable" in any way to poker tracker.
but actually, i don't know poker traker very well. I don't know how it stores HH ( does it convert them ? ) for example... And i don't very well enough what pokerace do either. So it's not easy to give you clear answers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
I'll take a look about it.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:33 AM

Pop,

You don't need to worry about PT to get the stats displayed - all you would need to do is to "trick" pahud into believing your app's window is a poker. Someone tried in the past, however, and it didn't work.

But regardless, looks like a nice and useful program. Downloading now. Thanks!
Old 08-03-2006, 11:39 AM

Looks like a really cool program, but I am having trouble running the batch file. Here is a screenshot of what happens when I open it:

After that it just closes down.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:45 AM

Which version of the Java virtual machine do you have ?
You really need the latest ( 1.5 or later ).
I you already have this version or if the problem remains, let me know, i'll dig a little further.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:47 AM

Pop, I had the same problem with the Locale still showing French, is this because I downloaded the beta version? Should I try the stable one instead?
Old 08-03-2006, 12:01 PM

The french isn't a big problem, it's straightforward. Use fichier->convertir to convert .hhf to xml (don't forget to click save in the bottom right) then open it. If you guys have trouble understanding the filters at first like I did - it highlights the hands where the selected player got so far in the hand or invested money (argent investi) - just look at the session bar.

Pop, are you interested in suggestions? The three features all replayers seem to lack are:
1) A slider/progression bar for the individual hand itself (just like the session bar)
2) Speed adjustment for autoplay and a pause button

I also don't see any ability to add notes and save them to the XML which would be needed to use this in session reviews.