Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 07-30-2006, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Qana

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What exactly was the war crime? A rocket luanching position is a valid military target. Hezzbolla was using this position to attempt to kill and wound Isreali civilians. Those Lebonese civilians killed, occupied a position they knew was going to be bombed. In fact the Isrealis dropped leaflets telling those people to leave. I'd like to know why these people did not leave before I start assigning blame.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a reason that war crimes trials tend to last very long. They are allowed to attack the rocket launchers. They are however also responsible for attempting to spear civilians. Then you can start to discuss what knowledge they had, what knowledge they should have gathered. Then who gave the order and who should potentially not have executed it. Then what part of it was intent, and what could be seen as a crime even without intent. There is not many who can give a clear cut answer. I assume however that Israel took efforts to prevent civilian damage for political or other reasons, but was it sufficient? Was it sufficient at all levels? Only a few persons probably know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone ever accused the israelis of being dumb? NO. Well then why would they intentionally target civlian children? Do they think it will get them better treatment from the UN or EU? Instead of reacting to the problem, think about the entire situation and analyze. And what makes more sense?

To me it makes more sense that hezbollah fired rockets from nearby locations in an effort to either prevent israel from firing back or if they did fire back they would kill innocent children and look bad. Hezbollah ain't stupid, they know exactly what they are doing.

Thank god the majoirty on this board and in this country understand the situation israel is in.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:58 PM

Default Re: IDF Releases Video Showing Rocket Fire from

I think that the video Israel released is of similar activity from Qana several days ago and not the footage of this specific attack.

Interestingly the building was struck at ~1:OO AM but collapsed around ~8:00 AM. I'm not sure what to make of that.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:47 PM

I believe that IDF or Hizbalah actions cant be justified. They just like to kill each other children.

Its so sad to read their supporters trying to justify terrible actions. It would be better to say : " I cant justify this but I support it anyway because that is my country "

Civilized world must unite and put Israeli and hizbolah leaders in jail. Let's divide all the region in small tribes and create a multi-religious state-city in Jerusalem.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that IDF or Hizbalah actions cant be justified. They just like to kill each other children.

Its so sad to read their supporters trying to justify terrible actions. It would be better to say : " I cant justify this but I support it anyway because that is my country "

Civilized world must unite and put Israeli and hizbolah leaders in jail. Let's divide all the region in small tribes and create a multi-religious state-city in Jerusalem.

[/ QUOTE ]

So terrorists don't have so far to go to kill Jews?
You really have no understanding of the goals of Islamofacism.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:30 PM

Hizballah rockets wouldn't amount to much of a defense at Olmert's war crimes trial. He didn't have to kill civilians to prevent rockets from being fired on Israel, he only had to accept the cease-fire Hizballah and Lebanon had already put on the table. Olmert rejected the cease-fire not because the IDF told him they could annhilate Hizballah in a few months -- obviously it can't -- but to defend Israel's preference for kidnapping (one case of which on June 24 triggered the latest round of kidnappings -- CBC News, 7/24/06); to violate UN resolutions sanctifying the norther border and to continue to occupy the pointless Shebaa Farms. Olmert would be hard-pressed to show how anything Israel has done amounts to a legitmate military operation.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your naivety of Lebanon (a western, democratic, cosmpolitan, free market county) and Hizbollah (a group created to liberate southern Lebanon from Israel and bring the return of thousands of prisoners from Israel)is remarkable.

My guess is you think any Islamic political partiy with a militia (in this case, one that was created out of necessity to deal with Israel's occupation of Lebanese lands) shares the same beliefs, and commits the same acts, as Al Queda.

It is curious that the US has chosen to ally itself with Israel - a country with no oil and who is the enemy of Arab countries. Strategically it is a retarded foreign policy. It'd make more sense to be allies with oil producing wealthy countries, rather than some tiny country that brings the US nothing but hatred and costs to its political capital.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your naivety of Lebanon (a western, democratic, cosmpolitan, free market county) and Hizbollah (a group created to liberate southern Lebanon from Israel and bring the return of thousands of prisoners from Israel)is remarkable.

My guess is you think any Islamic political partiy with a militia (in this case, one that was created out of necessity to deal with Israel's occupation of Lebanese lands) shares the same beliefs, and commits the same acts, as Al Queda.

It is curious that the US has chosen to ally itself with Israel - a country with no oil and who is the enemy of Arab countries. Strategically it is a retarded foreign policy. It'd make more sense to be allies with oil producing wealthy countries, rather than some tiny country that brings the US nothing but hatred and costs to its political capital.

[/ QUOTE ]

talk about being naive. You honestly think that if the US cut ties with israel and supported a few arab nations that the muslim extremists would drop their weapons and give GW a big wet kiss? You think osama would take up accounting and his soldiers would go back to regular day jobs? Honestly, your post is borderline laughable.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Qana

Now Israel is calling a 48 hour break in air attacks to allow them too investigate and 24 hours to allow civilians previously unable to get out to do so. A shame they repeatedly refused to do this before when begged and 34 children had to die in one incident to get them do anything. No surprise though.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

talk about being naive. You honestly think that if the US cut ties with israel and supported a few arab nations that the muslim extremists would drop their weapons and give GW a big wet kiss? You think osama would take up accounting and his soldiers would go back to regular day jobs? Honestly, your post is borderline laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't see him say anything like that, could you point out where in his post it says that? Thanks.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:54 PM

WOuld't Olmert argue: How would a cease fire, without disarming Hezbollah, keep rockets from being fired into Israel?