Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2006, 11:50 PM

Default 4/8 live, ATs top pair, multiway/big pot

4/8 at Caesar's

Table is loose and quite aggressive in some spots, mostly to my left sadly. I'm running good for a change though. First time playing live last week in months, or playing SS live, so I am very rusty with my big pot/many players/vulnerable hand play. Tear me apart here.

6 limpers to me, I raise AT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s in the SB, BB and the rest call.

8 for 16 and we see a flop of T75. There were 2 of something, let's say [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]'s, no [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I bet (?), BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 2 more calls, button then raises. No idea on this guy, older gentleman, he's in the 10 seat and I'm in the 1 so I can't really see him, I find this happens a lot in preventing me from paying attention to him. Anyway, I 3-bet, pot is huge but I'll be damned if I'm going to hope the turn goes check-check-check-check-check-bet so I can raise to protect.

So I 3-bet (?), UTG and UTG1 both cold-call, a woman in the CO calls, Button calls, and we go the turn for what I think was approximately 15BB.

Turn card is a 3, no flush.

I bet, call, call, now the woman in the CO raises. Button folds and I call (?). I'm none too happy but there's like 1 million bets and I have outs against two pair and whatever. The other two call as well.

How bad is it so far?

Adding some additional reads: the two turn callers: the first seemed kind of Laggy, raised quite a bit preflop especially, not maniacal. However, first hand, he got raised on the turn HU on a K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]j [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and seriously considered folding AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], then check-called a rivered T. Other guy seemed like your regular LP low limit fish.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:15 AM

Default Re: 4/8 live, ATs top pair, multiway/big pot

Nothing wrong. 4/8 is you vs the deck. Looks like the deck won. call the turn, fold river UI.

You never ever see one pair here. Even AA or KK don't play like this at 4/8. Unless you have a read of course.

JT
Old 06-02-2006, 12:25 AM

Default Re: 4/8 live, ATs top pair, multiway/big pot

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing wrong. 4/8 is you vs the deck. Looks like the deck won. call the turn, fold river UI.

You never ever see one pair here. Even AA or KK don't play like this at 4/8. Unless you have a read of course.

JT

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">Strangely, river came a 5, went check/check/check/check. I show AT. Caller one shows J9 for the flush draw, gutshot, and OC, Caller two had K3 (might have had a flush draw too), raiser had KT, MHIG. WTF indeed. </font>