Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL

Old 11-30-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Would you consider laying this down?

Assuming all parties get the money in here,against AQ AND 2pr/lower set the equity for KK here is like 25-26%. But that's quite the parlay to convince yourself to fold.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:07 AM

Your making the game way too complicated if your considering anything else other than shove here.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your making the game way too complicated if your considering anything else other than shove here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that we can come here to try and overthink and overanalyze things, taking nothing for granted. When we realize the answer is "it's OK to make the seemingly obvious all-in call" then we will be ready and confident when the situation arises at the poker table.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming all parties get the money in here,against AQ AND 2pr/lower set the equity for KK here is like 25-26%. But that's quite the parlay to convince yourself to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's out of the question at all. But we have very close to the odds even in that worst-case scenario, and sometimes UTG's monster (and he most likely has a very strong hand or possibly a huge draw, I think) is going to be JJ or TT and the third player won't have the straight either.

I guess you can count me among the "some level of hesitation" crowd, though, because although I think Hero should call, I think this is a far less profitable situation for a flopped set (especially in a loose live game, where sets will tend to get paid off well on far less scary boards than this one) than most flopped-set situations.