Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 02:39 PM

Default made trips on turn lead out and opponet shoves $50nl

Villian is 85/17/3.2 over 35 hands, at the point of this hand I prolly only had like 10 hands on him so stats dont matter to much. I know I made a small river bet here and I dont even know why I did that. I feel like the way he played it was super strong, it could just be some other random trips here and if so I should call. He shoved pretty quick after my bet so I started thinking he could def. have a fullhouse. Now Im just not sure what to think since Im adjusting back to playing fr agiain. So what do u do....

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $32.15
UTG+1: $67.65
MP1: $67.50
MP2: $50
MP3: $67.75
CO: $50.65
Button: $52.20
SB: $86.50
hero: $50

Pre-flop: (9 players) hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, hero checks.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2, 4 players)
SB checks, hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $1.5</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises to $3</font>, SB folds, hero calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($8, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $3.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises all-in $64.25</font>, hero ?
Old 11-26-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: made trips on turn lead out and opponet shoves $50nl

I'd probably 3bet the turn and/or bet more on the river. I def call this on the river. If he is loose (although your sample is very small of course) there are lots of hands you beat and only very few that beat you. KK and JJ would've raised PF so only 33 is kind of scary. I think you see the case 7 here a fair amount of times which you should normally be ahead off cause the most likely combinations with a 7 should be 76 or 87. If he really has like A7 then so be it...
Old 11-26-2007, 02:51 PM

If he's playing 85% of his hands, he could have K7 Q7 J7 etc., all of which beat you. Any flopped set beats you. When you bet on the river, he pretty much knows you're representing at least trips, yet he's pushing anyway. I don't think T7s wins very often in this spot.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:55 PM

I don't agree that he knows you are representing trips by any means, but I do agree that this is probably a fold

In reference to Alex, those other 7 hands are just splitting with us. We have about 7 invested in this pot to get back (minus rake). We are not making money from any 7 hand, and we are losing to some.

If he is an absolute maniac for a long time I would consider it but in this situation I think calling is definitely -EV.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:03 PM

---In reference to Alex, those other 7 hands are just splitting with us. We have about 7 invested in this pot to get back (minus rake). We are not making money from any 7 hand, and we are losing to some. ----

DOH! How comes I make money at poker?

---Any flopped set beats you---
There is only one set possible, namely a set of 3s...

---If he's playing 85% of his hands, he could have K7 Q7 J7---

Yes, he could have. He could as well think this is a good spot for a bluff because hero bets so weakly. Or he made two pair with KJ but decide not to bet the K on the flop.
Basically, though his stats are not very reliable with this small sample there is def a tendency that he is rather bad, therefore: I STILL CALL YOU NITS! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 03:08 PM

Dunno. He's pushing into BB who could very well have a 7, and he probably knows that a lot of players with call with a 7 here. Villain is bad, but dunno how bad. A bluff here seems really bad.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:09 PM

Forget to mention: nobody thinking villains shove on the turn looks kind of suspicious? Even if he is a total donk (we don't know that yet I admit)wouldn't he rather try to VB this river instead of shoving if he really has a monster like K7, J7? Just a thought though...
Old 11-26-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forget to mention: nobody thinking villains shove on the turn looks kind of suspicious? Even if he is a total donk (we don't know that yet I admit)wouldn't he rather try to VB this river instead of shoving if he really has a monster like K7, J7? Just a thought though...

[/ QUOTE ]These types of players don't think in terms of pot size or value bets.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:40 PM

Just a feeling that I had while playing this hand but he has at least a 7 here and I dont hes ever bluffing here, its a value bet all the way imo
Old 11-26-2007, 03:46 PM

shoving here with a really strong hand hoping to get max value from a 7/look like a bluff is totally standard.

If he happened to be bluffing this time fine, but a huge overbet like this is absolutely a made hand more than a bluff.