Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: ***Official November Chat Thread: The Golden Duck***

[ QUOTE ]
anyone watch high stakes poker tonight? Jamie Gold is annoying and seemingly easy to read on tv but he sure can manipulate people with his relentless jabbering. I can't believe he talked Farha out of shoving the river in that big hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes also a sleazy dude. He thought farha had AA, and said it as soon as sammy flipped his hand. When farha told jamie that he did him a $180,000 favour, jaimie tried to tell him he thought he was winning and doing sammy a favour... lol.

Also, he didn't HAVE to call the 90k preflop... they were all acting dark, and he could've waited to see a flop before he acted (though I think he loses more money if he does this).
Old 11-20-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ryan,

Are you saying that you figure to make less money playing more tables? It might be hard to tell off just this sample. Plus consider that the games have changed a little bit now that all of the regulars are playing up to twice as many tables.

Even though my winrate goes down when I 20+ table, I find that figure to make more money overall that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this month, I have actually played less SSNL hands then I would in a normal month, as I have been focusing on other games more.

My routine used to be to play SSNL w/ 12 tables on one monitor, and then other variants of poker on another monitor.

This month I was going to be very busy w/ some personal things, work, school, and a slew of other activities. However, I wanted to maintain a similar volume of hands played. So I decided to up my number of tables of SSNL from 12 to 20+, and kept my routine much the same.

I have no doubt, that if I played my usual ammount of play time (hours / month) that my hourly would be obv. significantly higher 20+ tabling then 12+ tabling. Simply becuase of the increase in ammount of hands I will be seeing.

If I was playing my normal hours / month 20+ tabling SSNL, I would surely have been over 130-140k hands already.

Mainly with my ammount of possible play time lessend, I just figured I would experiment w/ an increase of tabels and see if I could still get in similar hands.

By comparrison in October I put in 230k total hands (SSNL and other games), this month I expect to only put in around 110kish hands (SSNL and other games).

In december I will be in a similar situation, with not having as much time to play as I would like, so I will probably be undergoing a similar playing routine.

However, come Januruary I will ideally be able to put in tons of hours again, and hopefully be comfortable by then 20+ tabling on one monitor. So look for tons of hands out of me again in the new year.

Hope that cleared a few things up Pokerboy, as my playing routine and situation is definatly not similar to most in FR forum.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:22 AM

Small brag: My BR broke 1k for the first time last night. Started with $50 in late August playing 5NL, now playing 50NL. Me is excited!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Small brag: My BR broke 1k for the first time last night. Started with $50 in late August playing 5NL, now playing 50NL. Me is excited!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

congrats!!!

saddly...here is my graph of the last ~week

damn i suck, lol. -$73/hr is very sustainable i believe
Old 11-20-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm exactly where you are! Well done us, and let's continue the good progress.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:24 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the bad week, but thoroughly entertained by the graph/cartoon. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Grats Pokerfun!! Hopefully we can keep it up! (Insert impotency joke here)
Old 11-20-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

congrats!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyone watch high stakes poker tonight? Jamie Gold is annoying and seemingly easy to read on tv but he sure can manipulate people with his relentless jabbering. I can't believe he talked Farha out of shoving the river in that big hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes also a sleazy dude. He thought farha had AA, and said it as soon as sammy flipped his hand. When farha told jamie that he did him a $180,000 favour, jaimie tried to tell him he thought he was winning and doing sammy a favour... lol.

Also, he didn't HAVE to call the 90k preflop... they were all acting dark, and he could've waited to see a flop before he acted (though I think he loses more money if he does this).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I lost a lot of respect for Jamie last night...shame. Can not believe Sammy didn't push the river. All that said, I really thought Sammy should just push the "in the dark" betting after he said he thought he was weak and then shut his mouth...his acting was great in the beginning, but he overdid it some imo.

I love watching sammy go on a tear.

Doyle is a bit annoying as well. I get what's he saying about the game not being what it normally is, but just shut up about it and play the way you play when it's your hand. That said tho, it took like an hour for 5 hands because of the "nonsense".
Old 11-20-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

*** RIVER *** [Kh Kd Jc As] [Kc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Bober1: shows [Ah Ad] (a full house, Aces full of Kings)
too eazy: shows [Ac Ks] (four of a kind, Kings)
too eazy collected $803.20 from pot
too eazy said, "oh my dear lord"
Bober1 said, "wagsdagasdgdsg"

lolol chat

[/ QUOTE ]

lol idk why i started dying laughing after reading that chat too

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anybody like me and keep a piss bottle handy.. and then mistake that piss bottle for a cool refreshing drink? talk about a bad beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
loooooooool

I do keep a 1/2 gallon gatorade bottle for that though. Never mistook it for a drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

i usually just try to get all of my hands folded and make a run for the bathroom, usually end up timing out on a table or 2.....sucks when u come running back and see AA being timed out
Old 11-20-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm exactly where you are! Well done us, and let's continue the good progress.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTG guys!
Closed Thread