Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

View Poll Results: Ohio St 11-0
1 38 90.48%
2 2 4.76%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]
everyone can argue the pros and cons of Doyle's fold...and either side is probably right...there are good arguments to be made for each side...and the arguement that due to stacks being so deep, it is probably the right lay down...but that is where the problem is: The fold is not about whether Doyle made the right read...it is about the fact that these guys are playing WAY OVER THEIR HEADS...now,if i had a 10K bankroll and sat down in a 25/50 NL game with 5K and had the third nits on the turn, i might lay down my hand too, because I am scared of losing signficant portion of my bankroll...and that is exactly what happened to Doyle...he was simply too scraed of losing 500K... and that is where the problem is...Doyle didin't make the call based on his read,he made based on the fact that he didn't want to risk 500K...and that is a shame, because if it had been for a smaller stake,I am sure he would never lay down that hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

had to add: In your example, your fold would be nitty, doyle's was correct (although it is close). And if you cannot understand the difference and reasoning by reading all the other posts than I cannot help you.

Also, considering Doyle regularly risks 500k+ in poker games and the same amount on the golf course I do not agree with your reasoning whatsoever.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
now,if i had a 10K bankroll and sat down in a 25/50 NL game with 5K and had the third nuts on the turn, i might lay down my hand too,

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 11-06-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gold with Kd10d on 6d8h3h board - "I've got so many outs it's ridiculous"

How can you guys not find this guy entertaining?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was trying to set up a bluff and represent a heart if a flush hit. I hate this guy. I really hope someone other than Guy busts the Goldfish.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, considering Doyle regularly risks 500k+ in poker games and the same amount on the golf course I do not agree with your reasoning whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, I agree with HD. Money can't be the issue.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:43 PM

Sorry haven't had the time to search for this post. But has anyone talked about esfandiari's poor play with A's?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:44 PM

I had a theory about it
Old 11-06-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant wait to see PA's face after he calls and sees that gold put in a semi-cool half million w/ an underpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

For any of you who think that bubaloo's posts about next week are in any way accurate, you have been sucked in on his little prank. Personally, I'd like to see his posts on this thread along with the doctored photos deleted.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i cant wait to see PA's face after he calls and sees that gold put in a semi-cool half million w/ an underpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

For any of you who think that bubaloo's posts about next week are in any way accurate, you have been sucked in on his little prank. Personally, I'd like to see his posts on this thread along with the doctored photos deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, come on! did anyone actually believe them?
seriously -
how would i know what the hand was?
why would a hand that happend live be shown using a hh converter?
did Gabe Kaplan really data mine the table and send me the hh's so i could put them into poker tracker and convert them?

may be.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:17 PM

Attempted Strategy Post

guys I play deep on FT exclusively (maybe 95% deep, 5% other). Now, I play really low stakes compared to some of you, but I will put in my .02 here.

You need to be letting go of hands earlier than in 100bb games. And you need to be seeing rivers cheaply when there is doubt in the strength of your hand. This is the main difference btwn deep stacked games and short stacked games IMO.

The reason you need to be folding on turn more often is b/c river pots will be big, but show down pots will be huge. I mean to think that you are gunna be let off the hook on the river is pretty foolish IMO. The aggressor of the action is gunna be looking to take down the pot on the river. And if you feel doubt about your hand on the turn, IMO there is no way you can call turn, and not feel in doubt on river. You can't value shove as easily, b/c the effective stacks make the situation much more marginal. I mean look how thin the situation w/ Doyle vs Jamie. They literally have the same exact hand, and could potentially be playing a 1mill pot.

Seeing rivers:

This is a very common line when playing deep. You see Guy Laliberte do it vs Farha's flush, and you see Antonio do it vs BG. Now IDK what his whole deal was on the river, but I am not really debating the lack of value raise. I'm just saying, you wanna be playing huge pots when both players are willing to go broke (you and villain). And if you playing aggressive when villain isnt gunna go broke (and you are), you are really getting little value. An example would be the Antonio hand. I mean what boards is hands is barry gunna go broke with? Not many. And the ones he does go broke w/ are ahead of Antonio.

2 others barry might go broke w/ are lower sets, though I really cant comment on the hypothetical situation. Thats it IMO. So the only value Antonio gets is from medium strength hands like 2 pairs, TPTK, OP, FD. And IMO seeking value on flop from that range will really kill the action.

Barry's line IMO is the opposite: he is really setting himself up to get value from a wide range (pretty much anything other than sets) at showdown (flushes, etc..).

I'm not taking any sides here. I'm just saying these guys are adjusting from a short stack game to a deep game. I mean if there was a 30BB cap, all these hands would play out the way you guys feel they should have. But those extra 170BB or 270BB in your stack really change the lines.

I'm not sure if I understand deep play as well as others; I'm still grinding, and not ballin at 150-300 (deep). but I do feel I am more aquianted w/ it than most, b/c I have played maybe 100-200k hands in the last 10 months at the deep tables where often times I am sitting with 400, 600, even 1,000BB (I think 1k+ was only 1 or two times though)

Anywya:

DB's hand was one of the sickest things I may have ever seen on HSP. I mean I was so excited when jamie called flop, (knowing that Jamie is as competent as anyone to pull a crazy move out of his ass). Both players played the hand well, IMO, and I was glad to see everyone's favorite degen take it down.

I really think there will be some sick action here in later episodes, and I dont expect to see Antonio play scared (imo he wasnt, but IDK) b/c he is sick good and way +EV in almost any table draw.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:22 PM

Wether or not it was a reasonable fold, I will never forgive Doyle for not felting Jamie in that hand. Seeing Jamie go broke there and 1 mill shipped to Doyle would improve my quality of life immensely. You broke my heart Doyle.