[/ QUOTE ]

lol, true.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Official Law School Sucks Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i love how 1/2 the replies validate my OP

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be making 3100/wk next summer to do minimal work and get taken out to lunch.

Two years from now I will be starting at 160k+, plus bonus, with less than 100k in debt between college and law school.

I will be 24.

I will pay off my loans in a few years of biglaw and then have a marketable resume for finding a job that pays well and has good hours.

plus law school continues to be enjoyable, getting involved in interesting classes and playing poker/skipping boring ones.

didn't have class on friday, tomorrow only one class, so i think i'll sleep til noon, eat lunch, go to the gym, go to my one class, come home and take a nap, take my gf out to dinner and drinks, come home and have sex, play some poker, then go to bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow you are a douche

dont assume that making the OP means I don't have BIGLAW offers

The attitude of your post is indicative of why lawyers suck.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:50 PM

calm down, i agree with most of what you say.

here are my thoughts in easy to digest bullet points.

-law school does not suck

-law school can open many doors

-probably 50%+ of people going to law school shouldn't

-don't pay full price for a lower tier school

-don't go because you don't know what else to do after college

-don't go if money is your only interest

-law school and being a lawyer is what you make it.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:28 PM

I really enjoy law school. Most of the students are pretty cool and fun people to be around. I find most of the classes interesting. I also like the out of classroom activities such as the clinical program I'm involved in, the student-run law groups, and the social activities.

Since this is the "official law school sucks thread," I'll complain about something:

On campus interviewing is retarded. It really seemed to stress a lot of people out. The law firms interviewed something like 20 people per one spot. They need to do more filtering prior to the interviews. If they know they want students with a certain GPA and certain activities (law review), then they shouldn't waste other students' time. (I did not participate in this process but I witnessed everyone complaining about it)

Oh, and not to knock your plan Noah but I have heard this same career plan from probably 5 of my friends. I don't find anything wrong with it but I question how easy it is going to be to make the switch between jobs. You have a few things going against you:

1) It is not easy to switch to a job with less pay. Even if the job is much better and will make you happier, the decrease in pay is a major factor keeping many lawyers from making such a change.
2) Lawyers at big firms tend to live a lifestyle where they spend a lot of money. It will be difficult to change this lifestyle if you spend money as your peers do.
3) Many people want to change their job but don't do it because it is much easier to maintain the status quo. So this 3 year plan may turn into a 15 year stint at Biglaw.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:54 PM

thirstyforwater, i dont want to hijack riverman's thread so do you mind if i PM you for more details, opinions about UW Madison law school?