Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-03-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Did the US Nuke Syria?

[ QUOTE ]
Where is the possible crater in the Syria photo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't see it, where is it?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was another level.

It's that little black dot toward the center of the right hand photo.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why exactly would a US strike require Israeli F-15/F-16 CAP? If you were a USAF officer, why would you put the lives of your men in the hands of the Israeli pilots when US F-22 pilots are more than capable of providing support?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming the commander has the ability to make that kind of call, it is reasonable.

I see a number of possible scenarios:
1- Isreali's act alone and use a nuke.
2 -Isreali's and US act and use a nuke.
3- Isrealis act alone and use a MOAB.
4 - Isrealis act with US and use a MOAB.
5 - US acts alone and uses nuke/MOAB and blame Isreali's
6 - Isrealis have acted unilaterally and are trying to drag the US in through the "leak" story.

I'm really leaning toward an all Isreali action using a small tactical nuke or a MOAB/trying to pull the US into it.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:39 PM

My personal opinion is that this was an all Israeli or all American operation. There is no need for the two countries to conduct such a limited mission together, unneccesarily complicating the sortie (if both have the necessary capabilities).

I think its most likely to be Israel, with the leaks designed to present a clear picture - that Israel has the US's full support for limited operations against such sites (unconventional/nuclear weapons).

I dont think its possible for Israel to have acted unilaterally, "trying to drag the US in" - no way Israel performs this mission (other than at a time of out and out war) without US permission.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why exactly would a US strike require Israeli F-15/F-16 CAP? If you were a USAF officer, why would you put the lives of your men in the hands of the Israeli pilots when US F-22 pilots are more than capable of providing support?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming the commander has the ability to make that kind of call, it is reasonable.

I see a number of possible scenarios:
1- Isreali's act alone and use a nuke.
2 -Isreali's and US act and use a nuke.
3- Isrealis act alone and use a MOAB.
4 - Isrealis act with US and use a MOAB.
5 - US acts alone and uses nuke/MOAB and blame Isreali's
6 - Isrealis have acted unilaterally and are trying to drag the US in through the "leak" story.

I'm really leaning toward an all Isreali action using a small tactical nuke or a MOAB/trying to pull the US into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would be the benefits of using a nuke over MOAB for the US? It seems like one is an international incident waiting to happen and the other is a relatively minor blip at this point. I can see benefit from Israel's POV of demonstrating willingness to use a nuke and trying to drag the US in to destroy its enemies. To me nuke = Israel acting alone or dumbest move in a long time by US.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:47 PM

I'm literally laughing my ass off at the idiots in this thread that are seriously contemplating the possibility that the United States or Israel used a nuclear weapon.

Tactical weapons would've done the job almost as effectively, and remember this wasn't some hardened battle bunker that was nigh impenetrable, it was a piece of [censored] square building in the middle of the desert.

So, why would we use weapons that would produce international outcry if word were released, and trust me if Syria was nuked we'd have heard.

You're building nukes? Nukes are bad! We'll nuke you, to stop you from building bad things.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. While we are at it let's engage in some other random speculation.

"9/11 was really a tactical nuke, but you guys just don't see teh pr00fz. Trust me, I see a black dot in one of the pictures, obviously a nuclear craterz."

Sorry for being sarcastic, I'm obviously wrong. I'm currently writing a letter to my Congressman demanding that they do something about Al-Jazeer's radar and flight monitoring technology (capable of picking up on stealth bombers/us overflights), and decisively deal with their spies occupying a number of U.S. armed forces officer positions such as a colonel, and major. How else would they know about such an attack, when the rest of the world remains clueless?!

I also need to congratulate him on developing non-radioactive nuclear warheads.

....maybe I'm getting out of line but this is even dumber than the 9/11 conspiracies. Someone else above me link the official news coverage saying the Syrian government cleaned up the site in < 3 weeks?
Old 11-03-2007, 09:05 PM

You guys are REALLY speculating in this thread.

I see the "crater" now, but I agree with the guy above me^

And google earth doesn't have updated images yet.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was another level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taso is the boy that cried wolf of leveling.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm literally laughing my ass off at the idiots in this thread that are seriously contemplating the possibility that the United States or Israel used a nuclear weapon.

Tactical weapons would've done the job almost as effectively, and remember this wasn't some hardened battle bunker that was nigh impenetrable, it was a piece of [censored] square building in the middle of the desert.

So, why would we use weapons that would produce international outcry if word were released, and trust me if Syria was nuked we'd have heard.

You're building nukes? Nukes are bad! We'll nuke you, to stop you from building bad things.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. While we are at it let's engage in some other random speculation.

"9/11 was really a tactical nuke, but you guys just don't see teh pr00fz. Trust me, I see a black dot in one of the pictures, obviously a nuclear craterz."

Sorry for being sarcastic, I'm obviously wrong. I'm currently writing a letter to my Congressman demanding that they do something about Al-Jazeer's radar and flight monitoring technology (capable of picking up on stealth bombers/us overflights), and decisively deal with their spies occupying a number of U.S. armed forces officer positions such as a colonel, and major. How else would they know about such an attack, when the rest of the world remains clueless?!

I also need to congratulate him on developing non-radioactive nuclear warheads.

....maybe I'm getting out of line but this is even dumber than the 9/11 conspiracies. Someone else above me link the official news coverage saying the Syrian government cleaned up the site in < 3 weeks?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe nuclear explosions leave signatures, producing electromagnetic variations at the time and also leaving behind traces of radiation. I severely doubt that this was a nuke, but if it was, it will soon be known and proved. Speculation on this matter is pointless IMO.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:31 AM

It looks to me like the structure northwest of the main structure is at least partially intact. You can see the shadow of the secondary structure, the second picture was apparently taken around noon. The two structures are less than 1000 feet apart.